What's new

Most overrated shaving product.

For me it's boar brushes that are overrated. I've had a number of them, 5+, but I really think a midrange badger will out do a boar any day of the week for me. Actually since I got my duke 2 I've have amazing lathers (I only face lather).

I also find most splashes over rated as they tend to dry me out.

Any thing from mumma bears !
I swear the cult following for her is epic.
other then a bunch of hype i can get 10000000 times better shaves from a 5 buck razo rock soft soap any day of the week and twice on Sunday imho .!!

To me it's Proraso Shaving cream. All my other creams makes better lather. I will only use the Proraso to make super lather.

This is all just opinion you know.

For me Tabac is the most overrated product. Great and easy to obtain lather but just a middle of the road performer. It isn't bad at all imo but I simply don't get the enthusiasm at all. Must have something to do with the hard-to-get thing. For the same money you can endulge yourself with D.R.Harris. For much less you can have EU-Palmolive, Monsavon, Arko, Speick or even the modern Williams. Cella is another value option; there is a world to discover in shaving soaps in which Tabac is just a regular drugstore product with a pretty price-tag and a just-ok performance.

At least for me....

Simpson brushes, I just don't think they're worth the price. I've only used a few Simpson brushes (all best grade) but my "lowly" Frank's 24mm Finest performs equally if not better than all the Simpsons I tried and at 1/4 of the cost.

Yeah everyone knows this is all just personal opinions, but that is why people want to hear what other people think. People like to hear other's opinions.

For me, the most overrated product is Proraso in the green tub(soap). It makes a thin lather and it is extremely drying. Basically no protection. And before someone replies saying, "Use more product or another brush", please do not presume that I have not tried multiple ways of using this product and multiple brush options. IMO, this product is just super overrated and I honestly don't care if it is as inexpensive as it is.

Top Bottom