What's new

Shavemac flat top - silvertip vs silvertip DO1 vs silvertip DO1 2-band

Hi all. I'm thinking about ordering a Shavemac flat top. I already have a couple of Shavemacs and really like the silvertip for its softness. I'm trying to get some input with regard to the DO1 and the DO1 2-band. Am I correct in thinking that the DO1 is just a fuller i.e. firmer brush? What is the difference between the DO1 and 2-band DO1? Any particular considerations with regard to the fact that it's going to be a flat top? Thanks.

I just ordered a custom flat top from them in pure badger. I read somewhere that the flats are best as soap loaders and I wanted a scrubby one to really get after even the hardest glycerines and MWF. Well, at least that was my rationale for getting a blue marbled brush and succumbing to SBAD again.:drool:

The only Shavemac that I own is a D01 2-Band and it has a very firm knot, I'm pretty sure that it will be firmer than the 3-band D01. My brush has a fan-shaped 22mm knot with a 44mm loft- very dense and very scrubby, but a wonderful brush.

Shavemac- Silvertip: Very Soft, Silvertip D01: A bit denser and firm feel, Silvertip D01 2-Band: Even more firm and solid feel

Top Bottom