What's new

Featured Aftershave - Catalyst

The first link is for the EDT, the second shows the EDT but the title is for the Aftershave, the third is for the AS & EDT which is over-priced IMO. Here's a better price on the Gift Set; http://www.amazon.com/Catalyst-Hals...=sr_1_23?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1334472710&sr=1-23

Last edited:
I purchased this aftershave based on the recommendations in this thread. I was not disappointed. I enjoy using this product almost daily (still looking for other aftershaves to add to the rotation), and my wife likes the smell as well.

Ok, so this stuff seems like it's wife-approved, but will it be girlfriend approved? I mean I'm 25; does it smell young enough for me to wear?

Ok, so this stuff seems like it's wife-approved, but will it be girlfriend approved? I mean I'm 25; does it smell young enough for me to wear?

I think so. It's a fresh scent. Nothing classic or barbershop about it. Price is reasonable. I'd give it a try.

I'm 25, and my wife approved. Old Spice, however, didn't make her cut. =x
I think I'll give it a try. I'm from Montreal and women are very modern - too modern sometimes if you ask me; they pretty much despise anything that could give a hint of old school... :crying:

I still have a bottle of the EdT from the 90's, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this, given the price (and "free" shipping because I am an Amazon Prime subscriber). I have to be careful applying it; it feels great on the skin, but on me the scent is strong and long-lasting. On me, it smells of cloves, cloves, and cloves. Oh--and cloves. Did I mention cloves?

I have used Catalyst for approximately 6 years. Definitely not a barbershop scent, but pretty masculine and non drying. The 2 color thing is kind of cool...just give it a shake and it's mixed long enough to get some out. My first 2 were the test tube variety and the last one is the later style. The cologne is very nice as well.

I've been on a big aftershave/cologne kick lately, so I got some Catalyst AS off Amazon the other day ($11.25 shipped w/ Prime). I have used it twice now, and I'm a BIG fan. I use a moisturizer or balm every day, but that is definitely not needed when using Catalyst. The first time I splashed some on, I thought it was super oily and figured I was going to have to wash it off. But I waited, and thought I would just see what happens. Lo and behold, it soaked in and left a great finish on my face. Moisturized, but not greasy and shiny. Whatever oils or magic are mixed in there do a damn fine job. I'm very interested to see how this stuff works in winter.

As for the scent, I definitely get a lot of cinnamon/cloves in the beginning. It reminds me of Pinaud VIBR at first. Once that fades (30 mins or so?), I am left with a scent that reminds me a lot of T&H Trafalgar. That's pretty high praise in my opinion.

Overall, I'm loving this stuff. And for $11.25 shipped? Duh.

jpipes3, I've been a fan since April 2011, I've been using it with the Ach Brito Lavanda EDC this Summer and they pair up well. I think it could be used year-round due to the Spice aspect of the Fragrance and I love the moisturizing it provides. I just ordered the Catalyst EDC to give it a try this Fall.

Last edited:
Looks really cool but should be higher quality and more expensive. Just can't tell if this is actually a good aftershave or only looks cool.

Giving this one a shot, my skin tends to be a little dry and sensitive, but the alcohol free balms I've been using don't seem to help any with redness. Even when my shaves feel good, still get redness. I do use dickinson's witch hazel without issue, and it has some alcohol content. Ordered from 99perfume.com for ~$18 shipped, which seems to be the best in stock price as of today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom