What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

Folks, please take note of my post here when you are going to ship it.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...n-to-be-jolly-and-pay-for-signed-for-shipping!

Oh man...I am sorry that happened. I have suggested those participating insure the package, but maybe the money is better spent on getting the required signature instead?

I feel almost sheepish asking this question after what has happened, but can I add you back to the tour list? I would like to give you an opportunity to at least try the razor you have had your heart set on. :sad:

Bummer. Insuring the package wouldn't help much because it only covers damage during transit. Once it is delivered there is no more coverage.
The best thing is to just use sign-for shipping. If it is too much of a hassle for the recipient, he can always leave a signed and dated note on the door for the courier to leave it. They will take the note as a signature. Another very good option is give a work address where a receptionist can handle the package. Adding signed-for delivery does not add much to the shipping costs (less than $2 last time I checked).

Thank you for trying to offer some remedy, I do appreciate it.
I think I need to cool off about the whole cobra episode for a while though.

Sorry about the delay guys, its been a busy time lately.

Anyway I received the Cobra yesterday and had my first shave. I had about a week's worth of growth I had been saving to test it against. My usual set up is a Merkur 34c HD with a Feather blade. It normally takes me 3 passes plus touch up to get as close as possible to BBS which is the way I like it. I usually do incur a medium amount of irritation. For my first shave with the Cobra I used MRGLO beforehand (not showering first) and lathered up my Muhle Silvertip Fibre synthetic brush with one of my favorites, D.R. Harris' Marlborough soap. I decided on using the Feather Pro blade since I had so much growth to mow down. The shave with the Cobra Classic was, in a word, awesome. The first pass left me with very little stubble remaining. Due to the fact that my beard grows in what seems like every direction in several places on my neck I did have to do a bit of touch up after my second pass. Once I was finished however I had the smoothest shave I have ever experienced. Moreover, while I did have some irritation (it was my first try with this monster) it was still considerably less than I usually experience and I'm positive it will be even less on the next shave now that I have a better idea of the blade angle. The thing I liked most about the Cobra was the fact that it shaved ATG on my neck without any tugging or resistance which is something I always experience, even with a Feather in my DE.

Conclusion: "An elegant weapon for a more civilized age..." and an AMAZING razor.

Bad News: I think I'm already beginning to get a bad feeling in the pit of my wallet.

Last edited:
The Cobra is now on its way to ERVARGASNY via UPS.
:thumbup:
Just Tracked it, and its on its was to me today. Yeah :eek:) But im sick with the flu :eek:/ So probably wont give it a go till sunday, Im Drinking lots of Thera Flu and Vic's Fusion with Honey :eek:)

Here is the Tracking info.

Maspeth, NY, United States01/11/20135:06 A.M.Out For Delivery
01/11/20131:02 A.M.Arrival Scan
Saddle Brook, NJ, United States01/11/201312:11 A.M.Departure Scan
Saddle Brook, NJ, United States01/10/20138:00 P.M.Arrival Scan
Parsippany, NJ, United States01/10/20137:21 P.M.Departure Scan
01/10/20133:32 A.M.Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States01/09/201312:59 A.M.Departure Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States01/08/20134:42 A.M.Arrival Scan
Lubbock, TX, United States01/07/20139:15 P.M.Departure Scan
01/07/20138:50 P.M.Origin Scan
United States01/07/20137:11 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Two members added to the tour.

Cobra Classic North American Tour

ERVARGASNY (Sick with the flu. Feel better soon!)
heybatter
joe j
Cigarettes,Cigars
ElliotR
Tim_McD
TripleG
Toothpick

Please contact me if you wish to be added to the tour.

Last edited:
Its here, I have yet to open the box. but its here.

Delivered On:Friday, 01/11/2013 at 7:21 P.M.

Left At:Residential

Signed By:VARGAS

Last edited:
Ok i opened up the box and my first impressions were WOW, She is a Beauty, Love the Handle and Heft of this Razor, The head Seems Long so i imagine the blade is long and Covers lots of Territory? What blade would you guys Recommend that isn't to irritating? I can Handle the Titan H1 With a Poilsiver in it, Most find the Titan H1 a little to aggressive and compare it to the R41 but i can handle it with no irritation, "Titan H1" . Will the Feather Pro be a bit to Harsh with this Cobra? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok i opened up the box and my first impressions were WOW, She is a Beauty, Love the Handle and Heft of this Razor, The head Seems Long so i imagine the blade is long and Covers lots of Territory? What blade would you guys Recommend that isn't to irritating? I can Handle the Titan H1 With a Poilsiver in it, Most find the Titan H1 a little to aggressive and compare it to the R41 but i can handle it with no irritation, "Titan H1" . Will the Feather Pro be a bit to Harsh with this Cobra? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've never used the Titan so I can't compare the aggressiveness of the two razors. I find the Feather Pro too harsh for everyday use, I much prefer the Kai Mild blade. The blade does cover a lot of territory.

I've never used the Titan so I can't compare the aggressiveness of the two razors. I find the Feather Pro too harsh for everyday use, I much prefer the Kai Mild blade. The blade does cover a lot of territory.
Thanks, So ill give the Kai a Go Today, I Couldn't Test it as i was Sick do to the flu, So i'm going to give it a Go Today in the Afternoon :eek:)

Today i gave the Cobra a shot with a Kai Blade. It's a beautiful Razor love how it feels in my hand, and the curvature of the Razor was no problem at all, and contributed to its simplicity of usage, Cobra SE is very well designed and no ajustment needed in my part as its curvature did all the work :eek:)

Software Used.
1. Creamo Cream
2. Shave X Alum Block
3. Witch Hazel
4. Proraso Pre/Post

Loading the Cobra with a Kai Blade was pretty easy, didn't have any troubles like some have had. Went for a 2 pass WTG, ATG. Found the Kai Blade Tugging really lightly but not to a point that it interfeared with the shave.

First pass WTG was impressive as it knocked off alot of hair and it long blade covered alot of Territory which i liked and made for a lot less passes.

Second Pass ATG was more smooth then i would have imagined, Zero Irritation, left me BBS, Incredible, For a Razor that looks so agressive with its huge wide blade it was as smooth as an EJ89 or Weber Razor, No feedback from this Razor but efficient it was.

On Thursday ill be trying the Feather Pro Blade and update will be coming so stay tuned :eek:)

Alright, I've been watching long enough. Previously lack of experience made me hesitant but I'm ready to dive in face first. May I be added to the list?

Top Bottom