What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

OK, first shave performed using a Kai Pink blade, the razor has a nice solid hefty feel with good ergonomics, a very good BBS shave, gets under the nose very well which was something I was wondering about, I don't think I could justify the price though, I will be using it for two more shaves and I will be trying a Feather Professional blade for comparison, I have tried a lot of razors and I don't feel it's one I can't live without, I'm just as happy with my Schick Injector...
$P1040784.jpg

Last edited:
My interest is in sharing my Cobra Classic, but should someone be interested in buying the razor I received an email from Classic Shaving today that they are having a 10% off "Made in the U.S.A." sale for the next couple weeks. I do not know if all U.S. products are on sale, but the Cobra Classic, Hart Steel, Zowada customs, etc., are.

http://www.classicshaving.com/usa.html

And that's what I get for B&B'ing while tipsy. Cobra ordered!
Remember..friends don't let friends B&B drunk!

I'm just as happy with my Schick Injector...

That, my friend, is exactly why I set up this tour. When you have a Schick injector and a scuttle/candleholder combo who needs a darn Cobra! :tongue_sm In all seriousness, where did you get that scuttle? It is an impressive den piece!

Last edited:
That, my friend, is exactly why I set up this tour. When you have a Schick injector and a scuttle/candleholder combo who needs a darn Cobra! :tongue_sm In all seriousness, where did you get that scuttle? It is an impressive den piece!
It's a limited edition Schwarzweisskeramik "10/11" scuttle, production was limited to 10 pieces.

Oh man, it's so close to my turn! I can't wait!

Blade Boy's observations are very interesting. I love my injectors for a quick, hassle-free shave but they don't give the closest shave (although I have yet to try my Schick adjustable). It'll be interesting to compare my type E or I to the Cobra.

Tried a Kai Mild today thanks again Poonjaji!! Didnt seem quite as sharp as the feather proffesional, gave a good bbs shave but i prefer the proffesionals!

You can take my name off of the list. I ordered one a little while ago... DANG... I thought for sure I would get to finish one razor tour....

FYI the NMDO coupon code will give you another 7% off of the 10% discounted sale price which is what kicked me over the edge to order one today.

If you click on poonjaji's original link, it looks like they won't honor additional coupon codes in addition to their sale prices. Just in case anyone is tempted to just outright buy a Cobra like me.

Turtle being moved from the tour list to the owner list. :001_rolle

North American Cobra Classic Tour
Blade Boy (with razor)
itaforte
warhawk
drocu
Ray Settanta
Doppelgaenger
cpool222

*i doubt your injector will compare to the Cobra. The Feather Pro blades are just to sharp!

Oh man, it's so close to my turn! I can't wait!

Blade Boy's observations are very interesting. I love my injectors for a quick, hassle-free shave but they don't give the closest shave (although I have yet to try my Schick adjustable). It'll be interesting to compare my type E or I to the Cobra.

*Those Feather Pro blades are hard to beat for sharpness. Smoothness is another matter altogether. Good luck.

Tried a Kai Mild today thanks again Poonjaji!! Didnt seem quite as sharp as the feather proffesional, gave a good bbs shave but i prefer the proffesionals!

Second and final shave with Cobra Classic tonight this time with a Feather Professional blade, I definitely preferred the Kai Pink blade more, the Feather Pro just seemed too sharp. I will be mailing it onward on Monday if itaforte gets me his mailing info by then, thanks again Poonjaji for letting me be part of the tour, it was fun.

Slight change in tour order due to a member being unavailable.

North American Cobra Classic Tour
Blade Boy (shipping razor)
warhawk
itaforte
drocu
Ray Settanta
Doppelgaenger
cpool222

My Cobra came in today AND it is my Birthday (nice present.... Thanks self for the thoughtful gift.. Your welcome self... Enjoy it)

I was tempted to break it open and use it today but decided to use my birth year/quarter Gillette instead...

Tomorrow will be a good day for the Cobra.

proxy.php

I just sent a message in response the PMs I received. I am moving on the 5th of July, so it is probably best that I be moved down on the list (just like poonjaji did in the post above). This way I can receive the razor at my new address after another member has had the opportunity to try it out. Thanks!

My Cobra came in today AND it is my Birthday (nice present.... Thanks self for the thoughtful gift.. Your welcome self... Enjoy it)

I was tempted to break it open and use it today but decided to use my birth year/quarter Gillette instead...

:a50: Happy Birthday, Turtle. :a50:

proxy.php

Happy birthday Turtle!

My birthday is coming up on the 8th. Maybe I should splurge and get a Cobra as well :biggrin1:

For the first time in well over a month, I used something besides the CC. Those GEM blades are just so narrow compared to the Kai Milds!

I've realized that the CC doesn't shave my chin that well... Anyone have any tips for me?

Top Bottom