What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

A tip for those non conus: If you want to buy a cobra you're better off if someone in Canada/US orders one for you and sends it. The vendor can not mark the package down in value and in my case that made for price of the razor plus shipping + $13 just because customs has handled the package + another 21% taxes on the value of the package. That makes for a very expensive Cobra :-(

Legion

Staff member
I'm fairly sure that undervaluing an item on a customs form, or saying it is a gift when it is being sent by a vendor is illegal. Some vendors will do it, but you can't blame the ones who will not. It is them who will get in trouble if caught.

I'm fairly sure that undervaluing an item on a customs form, or saying it is a gift when it is being sent by a vendor is illegal.

It most definitely is where I live and I certainly wouldn't want to have problems with the Post, Customs or any other Government Department over something as trivial as that. You are required to sign a declaration and defrauding the Govt is frowned upon.

I understand completely, that's why I said "the vendor can't mark the value down" and not "the vendor is not willing to mark the value down". But if you ask another person to send it to you there is no problem. A shop owner runs to much risk doing that.

A tip for those non conus: If you want to buy a cobra you're better off if someone in Canada/US orders one for you and sends it. The vendor can not mark the package down in value and in my case that made for price of the razor plus shipping + $13 just because customs has handled the package + another 21% taxes on the value of the package. That makes for a very expensive Cobra :-(

Hummm...how much is your integrity worth??

Cost of Cobra $169 + cost of shipping ($20??) + $13 handling + 21% tax @ $35.49 = $237.49. So you asking a member of this board, whom you may not know well, to break the law on your behalf for $68.49 in savings to you, but no real benefit for them, and they are absorbing all of the risk?

Sounds like you are asking for a lot!!

Executive Shaving in the UK are selling the Cobra Classic as well. If you google around you can get a 10% discount which brings the price "down" to 210 USD delivered to anywhere in the EU, without having to bother with customs. Myself, I bit the bullet and ordered one myself, which I have just received yesterday... looks pretty cool I have to say and I'm as intimidated by it (only started DE shaving 4 months ago) as I'm excited to try it out for the first time.

So you asking a member of this board, whom you may not know well, to break the law on your behalf for $68.49 in savings to you, but no real benefit for them, and they are absorbing all of the risk?

Sounds like you are asking for a lot!!

in fact I didn't ask for anything, two members of the board send me a email and suggested it to me. They where willing to order stuff for me and send it to my address to avoid the extra costs. Maybe because I helped them out in the past? I should probably have mentioned it so that people don't misinterpret my reply.

I am happy to open a thread to discuss custom regulations, but for the time being I am going to return us to our regularly scheduled program: shaving with the Cobra Classic.

Here is the latest news for our international members. I am starting an INTERNATIONAL Cobra Classic Tour. I am providing the razor and the blades. I will ship it as a gift. I will delcare the value. You receive it. You shave yourself with the razor for a week. You send it to the next person on the list. In order to try to minimize expense I am trying to organize this tour BY COUNTRY. The first stop on the tour will be Australia. If you live in Australia and have interest in trying the razor please see the Cobra Classic International Tour thread for details.

Cheers.

Last edited:
in fact I didn't ask for anything, two members of the board send me a email and suggested it to me. They where willing to order stuff for me and send it to my address to avoid the extra costs. Maybe because I helped them out in the past? I should probably have mentioned it so that people don't misinterpret my reply.

I meant my response to be hypothetical; it wasn't intended to be a attack upon you. The point I was trying to convey, is that I would hope most people's integrity is worth more than $68.49. Also, that I personally would not take on this level of risk for someone I barely know.

I liked this razor so much I pulled the trigger on one and got it today, thanks again for the passaround.

I am so tempted to do the same thing. Every other pass around I ended up buying the product before my name got around to the top. Looks like I might get to enjoy my first pass around with the Cobra. I'm not having much luck finding a pre-owned one that someone wants to part with.

I am so tempted to do the same thing. Every other pass around I ended up buying the product before my name got around to the top. Looks like I might get to enjoy my first pass around with the Cobra. I'm not having much luck finding a pre-owned one that someone wants to part with.

I have the same feeling. I do not want to buy the Cobra before I try it but it will be SIX weeks before it comes to me. I don't know if I can hold out that long.

I have the same feeling. I do not want to buy the Cobra before I try it but it will be SIX weeks before it comes to me. I don't know if I can hold out that long.

Just do what the rest of us do, buy something else in the mean time. Creams, soaps, aftershaves, brushes, etc. You get the idea.

Just do what the rest of us do, buy something else in the mean time. Creams, soaps, aftershaves, brushes, etc. You get the idea.

Did that. A Simpson Colonel X2L and a Vie-Long Peleón (12705) Horse Hair. Also some SE razors- (a Schick SE razor and a GEM 1912). But not the same.

Two members added:

North American Cobra Classic Tour
random-hero (with razor)
Blade Boy
itaforte
turtle
warhawk
drocu
Ray Settanta
Doppelgaenger
cpool222

Last edited:
My interest is in sharing my Cobra Classic, but should someone be interested in buying the razor I received an email from Classic Shaving today that they are having a 10% off "Made in the U.S.A." sale for the next couple weeks. I do not know if all U.S. products are on sale, but the Cobra Classic, Hart Steel, Zowada customs, etc., are.

http://www.classicshaving.com/usa.html

I just received the Cobra Classic and all the goodies, the generosity of this crew is showing, I will be contributing some goodies as well, I will be shaving with the CC tonight and will report back after completion.

My interest is in sharing my Cobra Classic, but should someone be interested in buying the razor I received an email from Classic Shaving today that they are having a 10% off "Made in the U.S.A." sale for the next couple weeks. I do not know if all U.S. products are on sale, but the Cobra Classic, Hart Steel, Zowada customs, etc., are.

http://www.classicshaving.com/usa.html

You can take my name off of the list. I ordered one a little while ago... DANG... I thought for sure I would get to finish one razor tour....

FYI the NMDO coupon code will give you another 7% off of the 10% discounted sale price which is what kicked me over the edge to order one today.

Top Bottom