What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

if it's the blade maybe i'll look into modding a bic metal

Since I probably will not live long enough to actualize my dream, here is an idea that has been kicking around in my head for a couple years. Maybe someone will run with it so I can buy one. :001_rolle

Leverage the design of PILS and iKon razors, which have a head plate machined from a solid block of stainless steel. For both of these razors the head plate has tiny "nibs" remaining that precisely match the cutouts of a DE blade. (See photos here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/101993-Pils-DE-Razor?p=1893228#post1893228) Apply the same logic to create a wider head that, instead, has the cutouts of the Feather and KAI blades. (See photos here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...admit-they-burned-125-)?p=2033420#post2033420) I am convinced you could make a razor that might look like a DE or SE razor, but would hold a Feather or KAI blade. I recognize the Artist Club blades have differing widths (i.e., Professional, Super, Pro-guard), but I still think it could be done with some thought. Any engineers out there? :001_smile

Since I probably will not live long enough to actualize my dream, here is an idea that has been kicking around in my head for a couple years. Maybe someone will run with it so I can buy one. :001_rolle

Leverage the design of PILS and iKon razors, which have a head plate machined from a solid block of stainless steel. For both of these razors the head plate has tiny "nibs" remaining that precisely match the cutouts of a DE blade. (See photos here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/101993-Pils-DE-Razor?p=1893228#post1893228) Apply the same logic to create a wider head that, instead, has the cutouts of the Feather and KAI blades. (See photos here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...admit-they-burned-125-)?p=2033420#post2033420) I am convinced you could make a razor that might look like a DE or SE razor, but would hold a Feather or KAI blade. I recognize the Artist Club blades have differing widths (i.e., Professional, Super, Pro-guard), but I still think it could be done with some thought. Any engineers out there? :001_smile

I like the idea, cause I have fallen into deep like with the Cobra Classic razor, it's the easiest path to a BBS irritation free shave that I have found. It's not really as aggressive as I heard. Great razor, I have not found anything to complain about with this razor. I am definitely going to buy one this year. I would like to see others like the CC that use the long Feather blade cause it's a great blade.

Poonjaji, have you thought about approaching one of the new razor manufactures like Weber or Tradere to discuss the feasibility of your ideas?

After a week of shaving with the cobra (most expensive razor I ever bought) I have to agree that it's one hell of a razor! Love the way it feels in my hands. It can give me great shaves with only 2 WTG passes. Works great for head shaves also. It won't push my Feather Artist Club razor from the throne but it's allowed to stay in my rotation.

After a week of shaving with the cobra (most expensive razor I ever bought) I have to agree that it's one hell of a razor! Love the way it feels in my hands. It can give me great shaves with only 2 WTG passes. Works great for head shaves also. It won't push my Feather Artist Club razor from the throne but it's allowed to stay in my rotation.

Great to hear you are really enjoying it, Ron!! Congrats!

Just pulled the trigger on a cobra classic. I have high expectations. From what I've heard it should be a great fit for me.
Cant wait to try it out.

Just pulled the trigger on a cobra classic. I have high expectations. From what I've heard it should be a great fit for me.
Cant wait to try it out.

I'm sure you'll like it. BTW, does anyone know what the razor is made off? Is it Stainless Steel? I i tried a magnet but did not detect any real magnetism, but i know there are many grades of SS that are non-magnetic. Is it Chrome plated brass? I hope its not made of the cast zinc alloys that the Merkur heads are made of.

Woo, it's getting close to me! Sorry for being out of the loop. Been casually reading the thread and I'm very excited to give this razor a try. Looks like it should reach me around the end of May.

We lost another member on the tour as he received a Cobra Classic as a gift yesterday. Following is the list as of today.

Cobra Tour
MondoJ (razor en route from Doodi1)
smalltank
Bravoure
random-hero
Blade Boy
itaforte

If you can stand to be without it for another week add me to the bottom of the list :ohmy:

Poonjaji, have you thought about approaching one of the new razor manufactures like Weber or Tradere to discuss the feasibility of your ideas?

Hey Shawn - I had not given much thought to approaching the new manufacturers with the idea, as I figured they had their own grand visions. They ARE making some great razors. While the idea I described was specific to Feather blades, my "business plan" was to create a line of razors that offered a single handle design, but a variety of heads that accept different blade types: Feather AC blades, injector blades, single edge blades and, of course, DE blades. I know SE razors are a small market of the wet shaving community, but they are the blades I prefer so that is where I would want to put my focus. Aside from the Cobra I do not believe there are any current production SE razors...or am I forgetting some?

If Weber or Tradere are listening...there you go. :blush:

Cant wait to try it out.

I really like the sound of this razor, but I've only just order a 37C slant and SWMBO will go crazy if I spend several times more on yet another razor. Maybe if I make a point of putting some money aside each month towards it it would be more acceptable..... What do you think gents? Would such a method be preferable (to our better halves) to just going out and buying one?

Top Bottom