What's new

Cobra Classic SE Tour

Well… after 8 wonderful shaves the Cobra is cleaned, disinfected and on its way to MondoJ.

How do I describe shaving with the Cobra? In two words: Super-Efficient....
Will I buy one? Absolutely! After I buy the new First Edition Tradere razor and pay Alex for what he is holding for me, my next purchase will be a Cobra. It’s a must have for me!:001_wub:

Thanks for your review, Hormoz. Sorry it took so long it get it into your hands, but I figured as a SE fan you would enjoy it.

Consider this is the LAST CALL for those interested in participating in the tour. It has been fun reading the various perspectives, and I am happy to have had the opportunity to share the Cobra with several of you.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I disagree with this wholeheartedly. You can buy the Professional blades at Amazon for $16 shipped, which comes out to .80¢ a blade. I can get 10 shaves out of a Professional, so we're looking at .08¢ per shave.

Pretty darn economical, if you ask me.

Compared to a Fushion @ $7 or so per cartridge (last I looked, which was a couple years ago) they are indeed a bargain. On the other hand, they are still double the cost of Feathers (at 5 shaves/blade) or quadruple that for Sharks (4/blade). So you need to define "pricey" for your own self.

At any rate, warm thanks to Michael for donating his razor for this tour. A great gentleman for sure.

Last edited:
We lost another member on the tour as he received a Cobra Classic as a gift yesterday. Following is the list as of today.

Cobra Tour
MondoJ (razor en route from Doodi1)
smalltank
Bravoure
random-hero
Blade Boy
itaforte

After 15 days the cobra finally made it to Belgium. It's a nice looking razor, I like the weight of it. I just shaved a hour ago so I'll have to wait until this evening to test it. Downside is that the shop where I bought it marked the package at full value, so after passing customs the Cobra costs me $226 :censored:

Last edited:
wow, gift? how do these gift givers ever find these things... great gift!

I know! SWMBO surprised me with one over the weekend. Graduation gift.
Best.wife.ever.

BTW, it lives up to the hype. Feather Pro blades, irritation-free BBS every time! When you get your hands on it, savor it. Outstanding razor.

Hi all got the CC today and had a test shave tonight, did a three pass WTG WTG XTG and got a close smooth shave. I think I am going to enjoy my mornings for the next week. I will update this weekend after Sundays shave.

Only 3 in line ahead of me, I'm getting antsy, I can't you how thankful I am for the chance to try this razor without making the investment.

I gotta get one! How does the cobra classic compare to injector? Lately I've been really favoring my injector.

I gotta get one! How does the cobra classic compare to injector? Lately I've been really favoring my injector.

The Cobra Classic (with practice) will give a great shave. However, I am not convinced the shave it provides is in any way superior to a Injector. You can get the same level of aggression with a Schick Adjustable. The main difference would be the wider blade (thus it mows down more in every pass), and the additional weight of the razor.

The Cobra Classic (with practice) will give a great shave. However, I am not convinced the shave it provides is in any way superior to a Injector. You can get the same level of aggression with a Schick Adjustable. The main difference would be the wider blade (thus it mows down more in every pass), and the additional weight of the razor.
Personally, I think a big part of it is the blade. I have a Personna injector with the Chinese Schick blades, and it takes an extra pass or two compared to a Feather in either the Cobra or one of my DEs. Plus, my face feels like it was run over with a lawnmower after a shave with the Schicks.

I think a big part of it is the blade.

+1 I think the magic is in the Feather and KAI blades that you can use in the Cobra Classic. YMMV as injectors in general provide a fabulous shave. While I have never tried it myself, there is a thread somewhere on B&B detailing how to cut a Feather Professional blade down to size so you can use it in your vintage injector razor.

EDIT: Not the reference I was looking for, but I found this: http://shaveblog.com/post/1603621151/feather-professional-super-blades

Last edited:
It's the blade without a doubt. The Kai Mid blades are the smoothest things I've ever used. I've only had one shave on a Feather Pro, but trust me, they're smooth as butter too.

Top Bottom