What's new

Rest In Peace Harry Morgan

I like some of his stuff in the black and white westerns that he was in.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember watching and liking December Bride and M.A.S.H. is still the best show on TV.

I grew up on MASH. It was, and remains, one of my favorite sit-coms. Sherman T. Potter was a great character

He had a tremendous run in Holywood starting back to the 40's and through the 90's. He was in so many things such as the Glen Miller Story and countless other movies. He always looked old however, may he rest in peace.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
He was in a bunch of westerns, and it seems that every time I see him in one, he's always playing the same character ... shady dude #3 who joins expedition/posse/search party/cattle drive and who turns out to be untrustworthy/deceitful/snake in the grass and turns on the star John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart but gets his comeuppance in the end.

Not that he was like that in real life.

For someone who got his Harry Morgan introduction featuring army green, choppers and Alan Alda, seeing him play "bad guy" rather than "gruff but good uncle-character" seems strange.

He will be missed! And his passing is on the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack. Truly, a day that will live in infamy.

Pretty soon all the stars from the late 40's, 50's and 60's will be gone. I know I'm getting older each time one of them passes. They don't make actors like them any more.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'm remembering an episode where he receives a bottle, he's the last of a bunch from WWI. Godspeed to the last man standing

Top Bottom