What's new

What's a good aftershave for under $10?

Not one of those old spice type of splash aftershaves either or the grocery store brands like gillette or nivea.

They all contain alcohol and are useless at treating razor burn and moisturizing the skin.

I know there has to be some other good kinds of AS other than Proraso that don't cost a cable bill's worth.

Something that does it ALL. And with no alcohol added.

Alcohol is good for treating razor burns. It teaches you that your technique needs improvement.
What he said. I actually reach for my burningest aftershave if I suspect that I may have botched a portion of the shave. It lets me know EXACTLY where I may have goofed and how badly.

You can get 4oz of Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood for $10. No alcohol burn, subtle scent and it leaves your skin feeling nice. I very recently tried a sample and like it. My wife also likes it and my daughter asked me to buy a bottle for her husband because he likes sandalwood scents that aren't overpowering. I have the Ogallala Bonanza Pack ($16) coming with 2oz samples of their 5 scents.

Gillette Cool Wave (gel or splash).

Heck, get both for less than $7 at Wally World.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Aqua Velva Ice Blue, 4711, Tabac, but a few of the many great and inexpensive options out there. They contain alcohol, which I like. Witch hazel might be an option as well.

+2 on SCS aftershaves! They make several at about the $10 price range that are outstanding: Blue-Line Menthyl and Sandalwood are some of my favorites. They cool, and moisturize. The $10 price does not include shipping, however.

Top Bottom