What's new

Orient watches - second hand hack?

Unknown, but it seems that normally, if it is capable, it is listed as one of the features as it is a selling point.

Although, I used to have one (don't recall the maker but it was inexpensive, sub-$100) that I could effectively hack by holding very slight pressure on the crown as if I were going to set the time back. Not quite enough pressure to move the minute hand, but just enough would stop the second hands.

a few months ago there were rumours of a new hacking orient mvt. up til then, none of them were hacking or handwindable. Although, compared to Citizen auto mvts, they are much much more accurate and consistent. You'd be xly lucky to get hacking at Mako money.

Yes, it does, I have one. Look at he post above yours for an explanation.

Umm, that's not hacking, and no none of the Orients have hacking second hand. The way you are doing it, while it may be effective, is binding up the movement and may damage it.

ah.. the back winding technique... none of the base orient movements hack. There are some orient star movements that hack i think. Or you can look at the offerings from seiko. I think the 4R35 hacks and the 6R15 definitely hacks (but then you'll be looking at $500+ for a 6R15 watch)

Is the hack really that expensive a feature? A friend had what he thought was an Omega from the 80's. When we opened it, it turned out to be a fake (Fauxmega) made by Prestige Watch Co. It hacks.

Agreed. My $200 Invicta hacks... and I had a couple of $30 Submariner clones that a coworker brought back from China (he thought I'd like them) and they also hacked.

Sad thing is, the Invicta kept better time than my boss's Submariner, and it seemed like every time I looked at his wrist, he had a different watch on because his Rolex was back in for service.
That watch was in the shop more often than a Jaguar.
My only complaint about it was it was only good for about 24-34 hours on a full wind.

My Orient 60th Anniversary mechanical hacks but none of my Orient Automatics do. My STOWA hacks but it has an ETA 2824 movement.

Top Bottom