What's new

The Razor gods Smiled on me

Just posted a bunch of stuff in the Score but I had to show my latest ( today) find.
Last night I was surfin' the bay admiring several straights. The Double Ducks especially caught my eye. Truthfully I've only bought one straight off the site. All my collecting is local. Currently I have 60 + razors. But I wondered what my chances were of finding a special type razor locally.Well I got my answer today. Rather than bore you with the details here is what I found. All three for $50.00.
A trip to the bank,, stopped in an antique books store ,, and you never know what you'll find. Well,, this is it. I'm still babbling to myself and walking in circles in my shop,,,,,

Last edited:
The insides of the scales are as clean as the outsides. Not a crack, flaw,,,nothin'. The gold is terrific, the blade, wow,,I'm not sure if it was ever used. If so, minimally as no hone wear is visible. And no, this blade was not reconditioned and I haven't touched it. What you see is what I bought just today. Go figure, a Robeson Shure Edge, the funny Morley razor ( photos in the Score) and this for $50.00. The owner wanted 10 for the little razor, and she "researched the prices" of the other two, leaves me at $20.00 for each of the full size razors,,,,,, I was dumbstruck when I offered her a "bundle" price and she said "sure, that's fine" ,,,,

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAUW! I dream of finding an antique store with close to NOS razors hidden away in a dusty cabinet at the back of the shop.... And at those prices! You have indeed had a stroke of luck!

- Morten

Wow those are really nice. I have lucked up and found some nice W&B's but nothing like that. Nice score.

Thank you gentlemen! I'm still stunned. Now lets see,,where is that Toggle hiding waiting for me to find it,,, and the double rings? A guy can hope can't he? , I love the thrill of the hunt, negotiating and talking to people , scouring the country side and making the contacts for future buys. Not at all like the bay. This lead me to a woman with possibly the largest shaving mug collection in the country. What leads could she provide me? Gotta love this sport,,'er,,, hobby.

Yeah,, I'm still 'grinnin ! I haven't done anything with these yet besides just look at them.Started going over the ones in the boxed set. OK,, I did put a coat of wax on them because I had to do SOMETHING with them. I have quite a few others I've been restoring and these will come up in their rotation when I can give them the attention they deserve. I know I will,but I'm a bit hesitant to put that Goldedge to a stone. Tape is definitely in it's future. And I have an innate fear of having soapy hands and dropping it on the tile floor or some other stupid thing I'll do like scratch the gold off the spine etc. But if they're in my collection they'll be used.

Personanongrata, Oh,, the thrill of the hunt, I've been "hunting" now for a couple of years and enjoy it immensely! I set my sights on everything. If it's shaving related I'll bag it. It's so much more fun than the bay. There it's shooting fish in a barrel. Throw enough money at it ( at times silly amounts for what I find ) and it's yours. I may not find all the pieces I would like to have but I have hope. You never know what's lurking in the next drawer. That's what keeps me out there searching.

Last edited:
Alms to the razor gods? Did you sacrifice a virgin in a volcano or something? Golden ducks in return. Very nice.
Very nice indeed.

Top Bottom