What's new

Another New Guy

Hey all, just wanted to check in and say hi.

After idly mentioning that I might like to try shaving with a DE razor, my lovely wife came home the very same day with a gift set from The Art of Shaving. It consisted of a Merkur Futur razor and some Merkur blades, as well as some oils, creams, and lotions. Three weeks in, and so far so good. My technique is still developing, of course, but it hasn't been a blood bath or anything yet.

I'm working through different blades, and have already moved on to other creams and whatnot. I'm still using the Futur razor, though, and really like it.

Cheers,
Jess

Greetings from another newbie, Modern Jess. ; )

Man, what a lovely wife you've got. You sure are lukcy!

Out of curiosity, which brands of blades you've used so far? And could you share some experience about each of them?

I'm sure we'll enjoy the journey to the wet shaving, my friend!

Out of curiosity, which brands of blades you've used so far? And could you share some experience about each of them?

Besides the Merkur blades, I've also tried Shark, Feather, 7:00, and Bluebird. The Shark was reasonable, but it was only the second type of blade I had ever shaved with, so it's hard to say. The Feather was in fact sharp, though I didn't do too much damage with it, just a nick here and there. The 7:00 was blah. Didn't like it. I'm currently on the Bluebird, and so far I actually really like it -- not to sharp, not too dull, fairly smooth shave. I'm sure as I develop technique I'll change my opinion, and some day I may look back on this post and scoff. But today, as a newbie, I liked the Bluebird.

Next up is an Astra SP, which people seem to rave about.

Welcome aboard!

BTW, your wife doesn't know what she's started!!!

+1

sounds like a good wife ya got there....

I enjoyed bluebird, keep sampling...

My favorite soap so far has been Cella.

Favorite Blades in order: Supermax (green packaging), Gillette 7, navy blue, Bluebird.

Shark and feather were ok.

Not a current fan of Derby

Any advice from one newbie to another, use Garrys sample shop, and support vendors and members here if you plan on purchasing things.

Welcome to B&B

Top Bottom