What's new

Acquisitions for December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa brought me some great shave gear:

proxy.php

Col. Konk Stand and a Merkur 34c (the EJ brush I've had)

proxy.php

Big bottle of Captain's Choice

proxy.php

Celtic design shave mug with lime glycerin soap

Last haul of 2011, not including an order I am expecting from WCS. Went to a flea market and picked up an old humidor for $9, an old lucite and butterscotch brush, two vintage Avon AS, and I believe an old Aqua Velva bottle (the one shaped like a hand). The humidor has never been used for cigars, and the Avon AS's are close to full. Not bad for under $43.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Attachments

• $DSCN0833.jpg
    $DSCN0833.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 309
A Schick 1976 Executive Set minus paperwork and blades.

Even the comb has the '76 Executive logo on it. There's lip balm, toothpaste, toothbrush, and all sorts of interesting things. Closed it looks like an expanding file folder. Open it's just amazing! :drool:

Attachments

• $Schick Set.jpg
    $Schick Set.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 304
Last purchase for the year 2011.

Got it at an antique co-op for $16.

Attachments

• $IMG_1126.jpg
    $IMG_1126.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 261
  • $IMG_1130.jpg
    $IMG_1130.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 261
  • $IMG_1122.jpg
    $IMG_1122.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 260
  • $IMG_1123.jpg
    $IMG_1123.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 260
Overdid it in the creams/soaps department

Shave creams
* Tabula Rasa Tangerine Vetiver
* Body Shop Maca Root x 2
* Kyoku Sake Infused

Shave soap
*Bath House Spanish Fig and Nutmeg
*Mama Bear's Aged Spice

Time to declare a moratorium on buying this stuff.

I plan on selling both.
proxy.php
proxy.php
Hi, Kevin,

Newbie who does a lot of gunsmithing, but (as of yet) no razor-smithing: I personally would consider 2 basic options. One, paint the edges of the crack with flux, and put the handle in a vise, press it closed, and use something like Brownells Tix soft solder. This would leave a faint line. The repair would be evident, but very clean. I would probably use emery cloth to turn down the butt and neck a bit, to decrease the pressing stress.

Two, get a piece of brass tubing and have it knurled. If you find someone with a knurl-roller, a 6 pack might get the job done.

For a keeper, I'd spend the $ for a new-made body, but to sell, you might be better off parting out.

I bought more vintage blades...

:cursing: :confused1 :001_tongu

These ones must have come from a cigar lounge. They are on cards, but they are yellowed and stank like stale tobacco.

Not saying I'm upset, just surprised they smell that bad. Cardboard must absorb smoke well.

I'm sure the blades are fine though.

Luckily I have so much vintage soap I can't get any different kinds until I finish the one I'm on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom