What's new

Acquisitions for December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my December finds! (I actually got the 8/8" W&B FBU and Goldenedge last weekend.)
I got a wonderedge, and a 15/16" Wostenholm butcher. I also scored a towel warmer ($10)The towel came out piping hot, and a NIB hot water kettle ($3). The towel warmer will feel great after a shave, and the kettle will keep the soap in my Dirty Bird scuttle HOT!!
I find it odd that I would find 2 very similar razor finds in less than a week. I have only found 1 other affordable DD ever!

Attachments

• $IMG_0337.jpg
    $IMG_0337.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 873
  • $IMG_0330.jpg
    $IMG_0330.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 876
  • $IMG_0328.jpg
    $IMG_0328.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 875
  • $IMG_0335.jpg
    $IMG_0335.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 873
A few things that have arrived this week.
A very nice Leresche O/C cased with an original blade and instructions. Nice find this one as it has got a brass nickel plated handle not the aluminium that I have found on others, so the razor has a nice balance.
A 1934 USA Aristocrat in good order
A cased Bostonian Gold

2 back from the platers;
A Toggle E1, bought as a worn but tidy razor. Re-plated by Reliable in the USA. And a New Belmont Deluxe plated by Dave at Restored Razors. Again this was bought as a worn razor that just needed bringing back to life.
I think both are good jobs, but Dave has done a great rescue job on what was a worn razor and very fast turn around.

Attachments

• $IMG_2045.jpg
    $IMG_2045.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 853
  • $IMG_2038.jpg
    $IMG_2038.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 847
  • $IMG_2042.jpg
    $IMG_2042.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
I actually picked it up at Goodwill. It is a Brookstone. I also know you can get them at bed bath and beyond.

Got a good haul today. I'm waiting on a couple more items, DE89 and an alum block, but got the majority of it today. 100 ST-300's, 100 Derby's, 1 tube of Proraso and 12 tubes of Derby Lemon shave cream.....nice to come home to!

What a great score,Congrats! Im jealous.Ive been so busy at work for the last 6 months.I need to get to my local antique shops.

Well this isn't exactly just in December although today I made a GREAT score, but this is actually the past month or so. I've just been too busy to photo and post so forgive me.
Recently I rescaled a knife for a friend and he gave me the Blue Steel, the Wilbert Silver King,( very nice condition and a great shave) and the Beau Brummel in the most intense translucent blue I've seen. I have to try and make this scale!
Then along my travels I found a Gold Seal, Oxford Germania Cutlery, a Case and Son and a Jos. Rodgers and son in a straight scale Horn.

Just a note,, NONE OF THESE WERE BOUGHT ON THE BAY. It's all local except for the boxed set I bought sight unseen from out west. You'll see it in a later post.

Attachments

• $IMG_9624.JPG
    $IMG_9624.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 779
  • $IMG_9632.JPG
    $IMG_9632.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 778
  • $IMG_9622.JPG
    $IMG_9622.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 776
The next additions to my collection, again,, all local was to round out more of my collection of Gems and a couple of Gillettes. Actually I don't have photo's of 3 of them since I've already given them away. Two SS's and a beautiful Ball end. I've got plenty. ( wow,,, did I just say that?)
and that Kriss Kross is just such a funky little folding type razor in the case. 5 bucks ,I couldn't say no. I really liked the Kampfe star with the four blades with one in the brass holder. Here too I paid minimal for all of them. None over 10 bucks. And the Debette,, goes with my round razor. I know,, they were for women, but I had to have it. This and 3 other Gillettes ( the ones I gave away) for 16 bucks. Who'd say no?

Attachments

• $IMG_9636.JPG
    $IMG_9636.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 778
  • $IMG_9637.JPG
    $IMG_9637.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 771
  • $IMG_9638.JPG
    $IMG_9638.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 771
  • $IMG_9639.JPG
    $IMG_9639.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 763
  • $IMG_9640.JPG
    $IMG_9640.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 758
Last edited:
Travel packs,, almost a duplicate to the ones I already have, but hey,, this one has the original unopened tooth brush! Here again, I had to have it for 10 bucks.

Attachments

• $IMG_9641.JPG
    $IMG_9641.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 753
Moving right along,,,, Today UPS showed up with the boxed "set" I mentioned. I knew this wasn't a matched set but I wanted the box ( ???why) as well as the razors. I bought it sight unseen and I think it was OK. 7 razors,, two matched Jos. Rodgers, a Kropp, R.H. & sons, Mappie & Webb a Heart Ring by W.Eicher & sons Germany, and The "Fisher" from Germany.
All totaled here, just over a hundred. OK,, I'll take 'em. Dollar cost average the price per blade,, not too bad considering there is nothing wrong with any of them.

One thing I'll mention, none of the razors, straights, DE's or single edges have been touched so far. What you see is what I got. These will keep me busy.

Attachments

• $IMG_9642.JPG
    $IMG_9642.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 749
  • $IMG_9643.JPG
    $IMG_9643.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 751
  • $IMG_9644.JPG
    $IMG_9644.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 749
  • $IMG_9645.JPG
    $IMG_9645.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 751
and to go along with these new toys,, I needed some material for some strops. I got enough Latigo to make up 6 , 24 inch strops. That should work.

Attachments

• $IMG_9664.JPG
    $IMG_9664.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 752
And since I found all these toys I needed some supplies to lay in for the winter months as well. This is only partial of what I got. Here you see the essentials and not shown ( I'm getting tired at this point, but the best is yet to come) are Speick cream and the AS, Irish Moos, Alt Insbruck, and others along with the Trumpers Spanish Leather, Musgo Real, Tabac soap and the AS, D.R Harris's Marlborough and the Arlington ( I put them in these neat little glass containers which I bought 8 of which stack and keep the soaps nicely with a tight fitting lid. I just cut out the logo and tape them to the top) As well as a few other sticks and such.

Attachments

• $IMG_9660.JPG
    $IMG_9660.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 747
Outstanding. Very nice set and I am on the hunt for a box such as the one you acquired myself. Very nice razors as a set and truthfully I would rather have different blades as a set than seven alike. Pairs are ok and even encouraged. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom