What's new

Acquisitions for December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that razor was designed for the Elephant man. A one off creation in both respects. But I still think it's very cool.

Some of the razors that arrived over the past ten weeks since I was last home:

1905 Single Ring serial #290609, 1906 Single Ring serial #434429, 1906 Single Ring #399286

Attachments

• $P1040578.jpg
    $P1040578.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 437
Happy holiday gifts. This cool little travel kit, with the humble Bakelite handle Gillette Tech.

proxy.php

That brush appears when the handle is twisted. Seems like a synthetic material and never used.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Shave Pak original!

How did everyone know my tastes? It was a good Christmas. Inkwell and brass dipping pen from my wife, the other pens from a friend ( two Parkers, Schaeffer, Tuckersharpe and Esterbrook ) All the AOS from by brother in law, other soaps from my kids. And this was just the shaving/pen related stuff.

Attachments

• $IMG_9977.JPG
    $IMG_9977.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 295
Santa was good to me.
Actually I picked this Merkur slant up thinking user grade, but it arrived looking much nicer than the eBay photos conveyed.

Attachments

• $My Merkur Slant.jpg
    $My Merkur Slant.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,323
Yesterday was the arrival of several items, despite being bought at different parts of the world and at different times!

proxy.php

- Simfix 404 Grosvenor Super Badger 2-band (one more for the mourning shaves! :D)
- Simpsons Wee Scot (what a nice little fella);
- Kimson Vu Silvertip buffalo horn handle (I'm in-love with this one, and thank you for all the work, du212);
- Merkur 37C (from a slant group-buy on another forum).

Another photo:

proxy.php

And some more photos of the Kimson, that simply don't do it justice:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

At a brick-and-mortar shop, I found one of the most obscure Portuguese shaving creams: Variante XI. Not expecting much about this one, but it was so cheap that I couldn't resist to give it a try!

proxy.php

A good day for me.
First was a pack of 200 Feather blades from Dridiot here at B&B. 11 days from placing the order to receipt and they came from Singapore! Kudos to Jason (Dridiot).
In addition, I also got my second Y3 Gillette Superspeed. I'd bought the first off eBay the week before Thanksgiving and it's been my favorite razor since I got it. I think it's a better shave than the Merkur HD I bought to get started. My first one was VG, I believe, using the Grading Guidelines here.
The latest one, from the pics on eBay looked to be as good or better. After tearing open the package this morning, like a kid at Christmas, all I can say is "WOW"! I'd rate this one Excellent/Fine to Near Mint. Here's a link to the auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/11078486546...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2628wt_1270
I may have paid too much, but it makes me happy, so I don't care.

Waiting on some Tabac shave creme, a steam towel, a barber towel, and an alum block from Royal Shave. Hopefully I'll get those before I go back to work on Tuesday.

Last edited:
I love my Supers. They are my go to razor for blade testing. Just a great razor for me especially with Feathers. Built like a tank and seem to do everything well. Nice score Moondancer,, enjoy it.

Here's mine, I didn't get much shave stuff for Christmas.
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]OP-MUH-RV Muhle Travel Tube for Shaving Brush[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$6.50 x 1[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$6.50[/FONT]​
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]SS-MWF-002 Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap Refill[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$13.00 x 1[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$13.00[/FONT]​
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]SS-MWF-001 Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap with Ceramic Bowl[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$35.00 x 1[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$35.00[/FONT]​
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]OP-CON-119 Col. Conk Apothecary Shave Mug #119[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$17.50 x 1[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$17.50[/FONT]​
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]AS-FLO-004 Floid Special Edition Vintage Vigoroso After Shave[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$34.00 x 1[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$34.00[/FONT]​
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]RB-MED-740002 Personna Medical Prep Double Edge Razor Blades, 100-pak[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$32.00 x 1[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$32.00[/FONT]​
proxy.php
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]SR-HAR-HS-S8-2 Hart Steel 6/8 Black, Quarter Ground, Satin, Round Point Straight Razor[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$235.99 x 1[/FONT]​
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]$235.99[/FONT]​

Same here. I got a nice bottle of Trumper's Skin Food though! I only needed more razor blades and this is what I left with.

I know how I will start the new year.
A Monobloc on a Feather bed.

$Monobloc on a Feather Bed.jpg

I do not think this Ranger has ever been wet.

Attachments

• $Complete Ranger Set.jpg
    $Complete Ranger Set.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom