What's new

Who has actually found an all in one soap?

It'd be nice if I could have one bar for hair, face & body. I've settled with one bar of soap and a 2 in 1 shampoo. Maybe traditional soaps - Aleppo or Savon de Marseille would work, but I haven't found good sources online for these authentic soaps.

Does anyone use one bar for their entire body and not have dry skin or hair?

I've tried Dr. Bronners, and it didn't work. Maybe I have to dilute it more. It's a shame - Dr. Bronner's smell great!

Try getting a shampoo bar and use it as an all in one. Since they are made to be conditioning for the hair the skin benefits nicely, but trying to do it from the other direction is not going to work as well. Hand/body soaps are not meant to be kind to hair, different formulations.

I really like Caswell-Massey Almond as an all-over. It's moisturizing enough to where it won't dry out your hair or face and functions wonderfully as a body bar, as well. The rest of the CM line is good, too, but the Almond is a stand-out for me.

I use Aleppo soap exclusively for the whole body and hair, its a natural soap based on olive oil with added laurel oil. It doesn't dry out the skin and is safe to use even on the private parts (m/f). It leaves the hair squeaky clean so I follow it after the shower with some unrefined shea butter in the hair to condition and model it. Looks and feels great all day long.
I also use the sheabutter as a moisturizer after shaving, for hands and feet and what not.
Those are the only two products I need, beside my shaving soap and a fragrance. I'm to addicted to my shaving soaps to give them up although I did try to shave with the Aleppo soap a couple of times it just doesn't feel as luxurious as Tabac or MWF. No SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) based products for me ever again except for washing the dishes etc.

does the woody's hair and body shampoo bar last long? how long would you say it lasts? is it triple milled do you know?

does the woody's hair and body shampoo bar last long? how long would you say it lasts? is it triple milled do you know?

They're mammoth 10 oz. bars. I find it best to break into 2 or even 3 pieces before ever using, to prolong its usage life. With daily use, head to toe, I've logged ~1 month per bar. Maybe a bit longer. Can't quite recall, but I do know I am impressed with how well it lasts compared to other bars I have used.

They'e not triple milled; but, I'm not sure you are familiar with what 'triple milled' means. Simply stated, triple milled soaps are soaps that are formed into a uniform paste and then run through high pressure machine rollers. Three times. The triple milling process allows for soap that is completely uniform and smooth, without impurities.

Woodys by its very nature (as can be seen when looking at the bar, or pictures of it) is NOT uniform. The bars have all natural ingredients, and a lot of nice ones a that.

If you poke around a bit you can find a couple for sub $10 per, delivered. Highly recommend.

...I've tried Dr. Bronners, and it didn't work. Maybe I have to dilute it more. It's a shame - Dr. Bronner's smell great!

I've got a suggestion for you if you'd like to still use Dr. Bronner's soap and make it less drying. Go to your local WalMart or pharmacy and get a container of glycerin. At my local Wally, it's about $4 for a 6 oz bottle that should last you for at least a year. You can find it in the same aisle as the witch hazel and rubbing alcohol. After you dilute your Dr. B's (I usually dilute 1:1 with water for a shampoo and shower soap), add some glycerin. For my 1 qt. container, I usually add a good "splooge" (about a "3-one-thousand" count while squeezing it). It makes Dr. B's much more moisturizing.

Since you like Dr. Bronner's, this might be a simple and inexpensive solution for you. If it isn't to your taste you're not out much, since you can still use the glycerin to make "uberlather" if you want to give that a try. It's also good as an added ingredient to less-than-moisturizing aftershave splashes to boost their skin-friendly properties. I have added it sparingly to the Vi-Jon version of Old Spice AS, which I find to be drying on me, and it works wonderfully.

Interestingly, glycerin is a byproduct of the soap-making process. Lots of soap makers (at least the industrial ones) extract the glycerin and sell it rather than keeping it in the soap, since it brings in more money than the soap does for them.

Last edited:
Okay I have to ask the question - why would you buy and use a product that you have to improve? That makes no sense to me at all.....

They're mammoth 10 oz. bars. I find it best to break into 2 or even 3 pieces before ever using, to prolong its usage life. With daily use, head to toe, I've logged ~1 month per bar. Maybe a bit longer. Can't quite recall, but I do know I am impressed with how well it lasts compared to other bars I have used.

They'e not triple milled; but, I'm not sure you are familiar with what 'triple milled' means. Simply stated, triple milled soaps are soaps that are formed into a uniform paste and then run through high pressure machine rollers. Three times. The triple milling process allows for soap that is completely uniform and smooth, without impurities.

Woodys by its very nature (as can be seen when looking at the bar, or pictures of it) is NOT uniform. The bars have all natural ingredients, and a lot of nice ones a that.

If you poke around a bit you can find a couple for sub $10 per, delivered. Highly recommend.

That sounds pretty awesome. To be honest, that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. A full body bar that lasts for a long time. What does it smell like? Does the Meat & Potatoes actually smell like it? I'm not sure if I'd like to rub a bar that smells like food all over me!

I've got a suggestion for you if you'd like to still use Dr. Bronner's soap and make it less drying. Go to your local WalMart or pharmacy and get a container of glycerin. At my local Wally, it's about $4 for a 6 oz bottle that should last you for at least a year. You can find it in the same aisle as the witch hazel and rubbing alcohol. After you dilute your Dr. B's (I usually dilute 1:1 with water for a shampoo and shower soap), add some glycerin. For my 1 qt. container, I usually add a good "splooge" (about a "3-one-thousand" count while squeezing it). It makes Dr. B's much more moisturizing.

Since you like Dr. Bronner's, this might be a simple and inexpensive solution for you. If it isn't to your taste you're not out much, since you can still use the glycerin to make "uberlather" if you want to give that a try. It's also good as an added ingredient to less-than-moisturizing aftershave splashes to boost their skin-friendly properties. I have added it sparingly to the Vi-Jon version of Old Spice AS, which I find to be drying on me, and it works wonderfully.

Interestingly, glycerin is a byproduct of the soap-making process. Lots of soap makers (at least the industrial ones) extract the glycerin and sell it rather than keeping it in the soap, since it brings in more money than the soap does for them.

Glycerin is like the swiss army knife of the skin care world, I swear. I don't have more Dr. B's on me but I may buy a small 8oz and some glycerin and try it. Dr. Bronner's is so awesome: the packaging, the whole mission of the brand, and the scents.

Okay I have to ask the question - why would you buy and use a product that you have to improve? That makes no sense to me at all.....

:lol: Ask all the uberlather makers on this forum! But I think Wingnut was trying to help me get back to Dr. Bronner's again, since I like it but can't use it because it's not moisturizing. Thanks Wingnut!

They're mammoth 10 oz. bars. I find it best to break into 2 or even 3 pieces before ever using, to prolong its usage life.

Breaking it into additional pieces would actually shorten its usage life because it would increase the surface area to mass ratio.

Try getting a shampoo bar and use it as an all in one. Since they are made to be conditioning for the hair the skin benefits nicely, but trying to do it from the other direction is not going to work as well. Hand/body soaps are not meant to be kind to hair, different formulations.

+1. When I'm travelling, I use my shampoo bar as an all-in-one. So far, Chagrin Valley soaps have worked the best for me.

Breaking it into additional pieces would actually shorten its usage life because it would increase the surface area to mass ratio.

This would be true - if all of the pieces were in the showeer at the same times. One presumes that the whole point of breaking the bar into additional pieces is to keep the remainder out away from daily exposure to water.

Woody's Hair and Body Shampoo Bar. You can even shave with it.

I use this exclusively. Finally another woody's user. Also, the "Meat and Potatoes" has been renamed "Body bar". Same thing. It does not smell like meat or potatoes. More of a mild woodsy scent.

Last edited:
Woody's is a perfect choice. It is pricey but is the perfect all in one. Chagrin valley soaps are also nice. The neem oil bar has done wonders for my scalp. I usually use 2 bars though. Shampoo bar and one of those French triple bars for my body. My skin does need extra moisturizing so the regular bars work fine and last much longer. Heck I can use ivory but I love a good lavender scented soap.

The Redken Men Cleansing Bar is great for my hair and face, but it's so soft that I only use it on my body when I'm on an overnight trip. Leaves no residue, and is very gentle to boot.

I use Ivory soap for washing my hair and for shaving as well as a bath bar and I`ve been very happy with the results. I`ve also used Ivory for washing my dishes and doing some laundry as well. It`s really great soap!

Believe that Chagrin Valley has a bar that they say customers use for both body and hair. You might go to their site and do some research.

Top Bottom