What's new

First Allen Edmonds

B&B is going to be the end of me. First it was colognes, now it's shoes. I decided that I'm tired of buying new shoes every year and that from now on I am going to fork over the money up front to get shoes that last. My first purchase were these Allen Edmonds Wilberts from Nordstroms. I went with the Wilberts because they have a rubber sole. I like the look of the other AEs as well but the flat leather soles in a Minnesota winter scare me. As the clerk was ringing up my sale, he said he would call me when the next Nordstrom sale was on. My wallet is already hurting. :crying:

Attachments

• $photo.JPG
    $photo.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 312
  • $photo(1).JPG
    $photo(1).JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 305
Those are really nice looking shoes! My dad wore AEs for years, mostly (I thought) because he had a really hard size to find. But I remember his shoes lasting a long, long time. I need to make this move. I've been wearing Ecco's in recent years for their comfort. They also wear very well, but they're not going to last 15 years.

Congrats! I have several pairs and love them all.

Should you need it, AE can recondition your shoes so they look and feel like new.

Excellent choice!

Like you, the Wilbert was my first AE shoe. They are very comfortable for walking around are stylish as well.

It didn't take long for me to buy some other styles: Memphis (on closeout on the AE webite and a great deal), the McTavish, and the Eastport boat shoe.

AE shoes fit me better than most others and have been very durable so far.

Those look great, Jason. Tralfaz, I'm a Memphis-wearer myself. Great shoes, holding up really well.

Congrats! My first pair were Manhattans, which I wore at my wedding three years ago. I just ordered a pair of Park Avenue's in Merlot to wear for an interview I have next week. AE is great since I have a really narrow foot and can find my size in a good number of styles.

I have been looking at some boat shoes from them. Funny to go to AE for casual shoes, but they are some of the very few that are not made in China. I want a pair that will last a long time.

Gentlemen

I have worn Aldens all my life, was impressed with what Allen Edmunds has and got a couple pair.
They are a nice shoe.
If your military, discounted on AAFES a bit FUI.
If you like that shoe, look at the Stewart .
Nice bluecker

Nice shoe

Nice day
Jimmy

I thought I'd weigh in on a recent problem with the recrafting department I've had.

I sent my 3 year old Park Avenues to be recrafted and just got them back today. I love these shoes and they were absolutely the most comfortable pair I've ever owned. This is REALLY sloppy work for a $130 recrafting job, though. There is a 3/4 inch thick line of glue all the way across the insole of one shoe, and they are not even the same size anymore! my left shoe came out perfect, my right shoe won't even fit on my foot anymore. I called their recrafting phone line and the person I spoke with was nice and assured me that this issue would be fixed, but it is absolutely absurd that the quality control on this service that costs double what a local cobbler would charge was this poor.

Last edited:
congratulations! I'm not an AE fan but I know how it feels to get a nice pair of shoes that you want everyone to see. maybe i'll come around someday but I haven't come across the right pair just yet

Top Bottom