What's new

What Tim Tebow Can't Do..........What a Loser.

"He runs like he's stealing a toaster from the mall." Still can't stop laughing at that line!

"He runs like he's stealing a toaster from the mall." Still can't stop laughing at that line!

This one is so funny, but the irony is that it actually is a little bit true. Hey, I'm a Broncos fan and was a Tebow doubter to start, but the kid is really turning me. I can't help but root for him and what is more hilarious to me is watching the talking heads explode every time he wins.

I am not a Broncos fan but I don't understand the Tim Tebow haters. He is a young player, give him a chance to shine and leave him alone.

After watching Elway for 15 years or so, Tebow just defies explanation. We play the Bears and Patriots in a couple of weeks and I think the front office will be able to figure out if he's the future or not. So far, it's just impossible to figure out if he can beat good teams or if he makes games with struggling teams watch-able and exciting. It sure is nice to win again though.

That is probably top of the list of a long list for some. Seperation of God and football ya' know.
Keyword is some. I'd venture to say that for most, myself included, it's because hyperbole surrounds him and always has. But the only thing I'll say about the Christian thing is that it needs to stop being an issue. Billions of people around the world share his religion. 99% of NFL players and sports players do, and more than a few are outspoken about it. But for some reason, his supporters like to say he's disliked primarily because of his faith? Please. That's like saying the only reason people liked Reggie White was because he was a minister.

I will say that he deserves props for remaining positive and remaining as a leader for his team. With him as starter, the Broncos are 5-1. Winning is the most important stat....I acknowledge that. But the defense isn't getting enough credit. They are supporting his crappy play for 3 quarters, keeping the games within reach until he decides he wants to PLAY WELL in the last quarter. Time will tell if he can evolve into a complete QB. And don't give me "He doesn't need to, he's winning!"....because the team is propping him up. His play right now reminds me of a rookie Ben Roethlisberger. Ben didn't really play that well his first season or two, but he made just enough clutch plays and was backed up by a great team. Tebow is winning, but he's not even on that level. Tebow plays anywhere from "like crap" to "mediocre" for three quarters week after week. Time will tell if he can evolve from that, because he needs to, unless he carves his own niche out like Michael Vick.

Are his detractors angry and dislike him because of relationship with Christ and being very outspoken about his faith?

I don't think it is that. I don't remember watching an NFL game in many years where at the end, a player or a coach didn't thank or mention Jesus Christ. Some dislike Tebow because they think he is all hype and hasn't delivered. Time will tell.

He's a second year quarterback. It's his first year starting (after Orton gave him a 1-4 present to start), and he didn't even start until the 6th game. Elway also passed for 47.5%, 7 TD and 14 INT his first year. Let's give the guy a chance at least. I agree that the defense is doing well, but they are doing what they are supposed to do. When will Tebow get some credit? When the defense gives up 75 points and he throws 15 touchdowns? He isn't turning the ball over, and he is winning games. Is everyone expecting him to be Peyton Manning or something?

When will Tebow get some credit? When the defense gives up 75 points and he throws 15 touchdowns? He isn't turning the ball over, and he is winning games. Is everyone expecting him to be Peyton Manning or something?
He's GETTING credit. He's the one everyone talks about because he awakes from slumber in the 4th quarter. But the defense isn't getting enough. That's always been the issue for me. The teams he plays on, even in college, didn't get as much talk as HIM. And all I've seen, all I've ever seen, is a big, physical QB with "okay" skills. But for some reason, he was called "The best college player ever." And the hype followed him into the NFL.

He's GETTING credit. He's the one everyone talks about because he awakes from slumber in the 4th quarter. But the defense isn't getting enough. That's always been the issue for me. The teams he plays on, even in college, didn't get as much talk as HIM. And all I've seen, all I've ever seen, is a big, physical QB with "okay" skills. But for some reason, he was called "The best college player ever." And the hype followed him into the NFL.

I agree that the defense should get more credit. The problem I see is that a huge number of people are giving Tebow no credit at all. I watched Stephen A Smith call Tebow the "worst QB in NFL history". The reaction I've seen, at least in the media (with the exception of Skip Bayless haha), is the exact opposite of what happened in college.

Most of the media experts said he would be a fourth round pick and he went in the first. They said he'd never be a starter, just a package player, now he's starting. They said he wouldn't win games and he's winning. He's making them look bad and they're having to justify what they've said previously. The talking heads are doing what the talking heads do, both for and against Tebow. The Broncos are winning with defense and some luck. Tebow is getting way too much credit for the wins from a playing performance stance. If you want to say his motivation and leadership and maybe even his controversy has somehow solidified the Broncos into playing better football, I could see that, kind of. I don't think most rational people actually hate the guy, but after 4 years of having ESPN shove him down your throat, alot of folks are just tired of his greatness. I'm sure he's a fine upstanding young man who practices what he preaches, but I'm afraid a lot of people are hitching to his wagon for the wrong reasons. He's a football player in the NFL, right now, a mediocre one. I would like to see him do well, and I hope no skeletons come out of the closet on him, I'm sure plenty of people are looking for them. That's difficult for me to say as an OU fan, it would be soooo easy for me to hate his pretty boy, aw shucks, gator chompin', Dudley Do-Right butt!:001_smile

$1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

To be on topic with the article, which I enjoyed, I loved the line about him not being "seriously" considered to be the red sox manager. Running with a toaster cracked me up too.

I am not a Broncos fan but I don't understand the Tim Tebow haters. He is a young player, give him a chance to shine and leave him alone.

For starters, he's deeply religious to the extent that it is annoying. Now, I don't have a problem with anyone believing the Flying Spaghetti Monster or any other god, but when you start talking about it constantly, it gets to be annoying. God didn't give these players a gift, they worked their behinds off to get where they are and deserve that basic respect. Religion is supposed to be a personal experience and Tebow walks around like it's his duty to spread the word every chance he gets.

Secondly, many people don't like NCAA football because it is primarily based on rushing offenses and the option. The play itself only works because of an advantage in speed that most of these option programs have. It's merely athleticism over skill. Nobody runs the option in the NFL because offenses are dealing with big and fast defenses. These are defenses that are far more physically able to defend such a play. In that sense, the option is just a gimmick play and people think of it as a cheap tactic. Because this is pretty much the only thing Tebow is capable of doing (they might as well just move him to running back and be done with it), people despise him.

He's probably a really nice guy and it's evident that he tries harder than most. I just don't like how he plays that position. It's the reason I don't watch much college football. I want to see a quarterback who can throw the ball.

Top Bottom