What's new

How to repair a cracked handle ?

Today, my clumsy hands, dropped my vulfix and there's a crack :scared:

Is there a way to repair a cracked handle ?

Like some wrap which I can wrap around to prevent the crack from widening ?

Ugh... The only thing I can think of is filling the crack with epoxy and take a extremely fine sandpaper to smooth it out then use Meguiar's Plastx to put the extra smooth polish on it all.

I was thinking of using those rubber wrap which you used to wrap connectors and cables and then heat it up to shrink.

Anyone tried it ?

Heat shrink tubing?? Just knowing how that stuff works and how it would interface with a resin compound handle, I get a less-than-good feeling about using that as a repair. Methinks the epoxy route is a better idea.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I was thinking of using those rubber wrap which you used to wrap connectors and cables and then heat it up to shrink.

Anyone tried it ?

:frown2: I don't think that would secure it well enough and it would be a soap scum trap that would become a breeding ground for mildew and other nasties.

Epoxy or some other waterproof adhesive/filler would be a better plan.

Today, my clumsy hands, dropped my vulfix and there's a crack :scared:

Is there a way to repair a cracked handle ?

Like some wrap which I can wrap around to prevent the crack from widening ?

I had some hairline cracks in the bottom of a brush that I was restoring and I used plumbers putty (epoxy putty) to fill them in. I also use the putty to install new knots. It works better than regular epoxy because it does not run and cleanup is a snap.

I would suggest shooting a PM to rudy vey for options,certainly tape of any type is out of the question,as stated above ,microbes of all types hide under tape and in cracks,this is why it's so important to mar-v-cide your razors and brushes at least once a month....rudy will have the correct answer...

I would suggest shooting a PM to rudy vey for options,certainly tape of any type is out of the question,as stated above ,microbes of all types hide under tape and in cracks,this is why it's so important to mar-v-cide your razors and brushes at least once a month....rudy will have the correct answer...

I think it's a sign for a Christmas Handle from Rudy :sneaky2:

I had an Omega handle split. I don't know how....it wasn't dropped. There is about a 1mm gap in the handle. I removed the end cap and super glued it back on hoping this would secure it enough. Its been about 6 months and it seems to be ok.

If you have an old handle lying around, sandpaper some handle dust and mix it in with the epoxy glue for good coloration before applying it.

Paul

Top Bottom