What's new

Post your pictures - ERN Razors

Here's my newest. Just came today. It s a 6/8 ATOR. It is going to get rescaled soon. ERNs have become my new favorite razor. I have two now and am looking to get more. :biggrin1:

Very nice! why rescale though? Those ones seem to be in stellar shape.

Arrived Last night. Can not wait to test her out

$DSC05974.JPG$DSC05975.JPG$DSC05976.JPG$DSC05977.JPG

Last edited:
My Ator isn't the prettiest, but the shave is smoooooooooth. Also, sorry about the photo quality. I used my phone.

proxy.php

ERN Eagle & Snake 6/8 Full Hollow - bought as a NOS at local auction site - btw. excellent shaver - very smooth and easy to hone

proxy.php

Went on a little tear buying these the last few months
Here is the first- actually had this one a while and already posted it but I have since gotten rid of the butt ugly scales I made for it and replaced them with a nicer set..
ERN Boss Klipper
$IMG_8443.jpg
Ern #2- ERN Sword, 11/16 blade
$Ern Sword.jpg
Ern #3- 7/8 Eagle & Snake
$7-8 ERN Eagle & Snake.jpg
Continued...

Ern #4- ERN Ator, probably my favorite out of the bunch
$ERN Ator.jpg
Ern #5- ERN 15/16 Eagle & Snake w/ worked spine, just received a day or two ago..
View attachment 259298
And for good measure, all of them together..
$AlloftheERN.jpg

Right now these are my favorite razors for a few reasons.
I like the steel, they give great comfortable shaves. I'm no expert for sure but I think the hardness of the steel in these hits just the right balance between too hard and too soft. They are easy to put a good edge on and not too quick to lose it.
They are not super sought after right now, I didn't pay over $70 for any of these. (Of course, I just realized that three of these are from a member here who sold them to me at excellent prices. The other two were off of Ebay though, prices were more than reasonable and most of the ones on my watch list stay within the realm of reason.)
Most of the ones I've seen come up for sale are 6/8 or better, it seems like they made a lot of big blades.

Now to find a nice Gong, that's next on my WTB list I think.

Last edited:
By far my favorite brand of razor. Almost all the ERNs I have owned take as good of a edge as any of the tip too tier brands out there. The big round points that ERN made are my favorites though. Also the rounded jimping on the spine is the most comfortable IMO.

7/8+ Gong Razor. This razor takes ones of the best edges of any razor I have owned. Pretty stiff hollow grind. It is in need of some nicer scales though.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409438995.658664.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409439019.672037.jpg

7/8 Crown and Sword. Haven't used this one that much. It's in need of some scales also, the factory ones are pretty rough.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409439135.584621.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409439147.533814.jpg

I've owned a couple of big Ators, an Eagle & Snake and a Crown & Sword (which I gave to my son) and they've all been excellent.

The interwar period of 1920s and 30s is for me the peak of straight razor design - improved metallurgy after WW1, the perfection of mechanised grinding and lots of competition from safety razors.

Currently I have a 19th century C&S Magnetic - a simple and elegant half hollow which shaves like a dream!
proxy.php

Old thread, but worth a little revival. I recently picked up this Ern on that popular internet auction site.

$ern1.jpg

$ern2.jpg

Top Bottom