What's new

To buy an aristocrat or to pass? =]

So I seen an Aristrocrat (Good condition, but I was unable to see the top of the head plate because of the way it was behind glass, and it was time for store to close), in case (ok condition), blade box, I guess the post war TTO type, I'm no expert in these, for right around $30 at a local antique...

I may go back tomorrow...

What yall think? =/

I'd much rather save for a President, or 66 or something like that... but eh

IMO, depends on condition. If the plating on the top is decent, $30 is a deal. If not, it's OK but not great. I got a Diplomat recently (very similar razor) and it gives a great shave.

They are the best shavers I've come across. Better than the Toggle because of it's balance and bigger handle. It's grip is excellent. I also love it's color. A blend of brass copper gold going on. Get it. For that price if you like the shave have it replated.

They are the best shavers I've come across. Better than the Toggle because of it's balance and bigger handle. It's grip is excellent. I also love it's color. A blend of brass copper gold going on. Get it. For that price if you like the shave have it replated.

really? a $30 aristocrat is a decent candidate for replating?.. i may have to rethink what i was going to do with mine... interesting thoughts about the balance and handle... what does the toggle's handle diameter compare to? a slim? fatboy?

Buy it! My favorite go to razor...so much so that I've have three of them. They're not beauty contest winners but give the best shave I've had.

Top Bottom