What's new

New Yardley Bath Soaps

I was in my local Walgreen's today and discovered that Yardley has introduced three new (tallow :drool:) bath soaps:

Cucumber Aloe
Cocoa Butter
Pomegranate Rose

This is in addition to the almond and lavender bars that I've seen previously.

Anyhow, I picked up the first two of the new ones for a princely $1.49 each. Three packs are occasionally on sale for something like $1 a bar.

Dollar General is stocking these as well. The Coca Butter, and Pomegranate Rose were in the "$1 Everyday" isle

(I assume all DG's do this, they have a isle of products that are specially priced at just one dollar)

I also found holiday Limited Edition Yardley soaps (tallow based as well) in "Winter Spice", and "Vanilla Sugar" at my local Big Lots. But I believe i seen them at Meijer as well (Mid-West competitor to Walmart).

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
They also make a plain rose. I have seven or eight (lost count) straight sided coffee mugs lined up on my bathroom shelf. While each holds a puck perfectly, I've opted to stuff most of them with Yardley soaps. Each morning is a tonsorial treat.

They lather nicely (really nicely if you use them in uberlather), smell great and are slippery and cushy enough to handle an R41 with Feathers.

A buck a bar is what I pay.

They also make a plain rose. I have seven or eight (lost count) straight sided coffee mugs lined up on my bathroom shelf. While each holds a puck perfectly, I've opted to stuff most of them with Yardley soaps. Each morning is a tonsorial treat.

They lather nicely (really nicely if you use them in uberlather), smell great and are slippery and cushy enough to handle an R41 with Feathers.

A buck a bar is what I pay.

Do you use the bath soap as a shaving soap?

Do you use the bath soap as a shaving soap?

+1. Can you shave with it?

Also, I was back in Walgreen's today for something else and picked up a Yardley Holiday Spice. They also have a Vanilla Sugar out for the holidays.

My wife got the two holiday varieties last night. Cinnamon for her and Vanilla for me. I tried the Cinnamon this morning and it smells great and really wakes you up in the morning. Will try the Vanilla tomorrow. Before this, I had only tried Oatmeal and loved it.

I think the cucumber aloe has been available for a while. These soaps are a great value.

Still, I prefer the French or Portugese triple-milled soaps. Why? Simply because the Yardley bars contain pertrolatum (petroleum jelly), IIRC. To me they leave a bit of a filmy feeling when used for the bath. For th same reason, however, I really like them as hand soaps. On my hands the feel of the petrolatum does not bother me and, in fact, adds a level of moisture retention.

I also feel that the scents are a bit one-dimensional, artificial, and slightly overpowering. Some may feel otherwise or not mind.

Still, you can't beat the value, especially when they are on sale. Definitely worth picking up a bar or two to try out!

I think the cucumber aloe has been available for a while. These soaps are a great value.

Still, I prefer the French or Portugese triple-milled soaps. Why? Simply because the Yardley bars contain pertrolatum (petroleum jelly), IIRC. To me they leave a bit of a filmy feeling when used for the bath. For th same reason, however, I really like them as hand soaps. On my hands the feel of the petrolatum does not bother me and, in fact, adds a level of moisture retention.

I also feel that the scents are a bit one-dimensional, artificial, and slightly overpowering. Some may feel otherwise or not mind.

Still, you can't beat the value, especially when they are on sale. Definitely worth picking up a bar or two to try out!

Quick search seems to indicate that some of the bars contain petrolatum, others don't. (Ingredients list via drugstore.com).

Looks like there's also a "lemon verbena" out there.

Yardley soap is all I use these days. I'm interested in trying the winter spice. I once tried a eucalyptus and mint LE they made. I liked using it on days I would shave with Proraso. Looks like I'm heading to the store today.

Quick search seems to indicate that some of the bars contain petrolatum, others don't. (Ingredients list via drugstore.com).

Looks like there's also a "lemon verbena" out there.

Thanks, Rich. That's good to know. I'll be looking for some of the petrolatum-free ones as I really liked the performance save the petrolatum film feeling.

Piqued curiosity and a bit of excitement about using these as shaving soaps. Superlathering was mentioned. But how do these perform on their own? At this point I've got too many great shaving soaps to use up to bother experimenting with anything that doesn't perform fantastically.

Still, I'm a sucker for value. Yardley bars are a great value.

Yardley is def passable as a shave soap. All that tallowy goodness in there.

Also, the Neutrogena (sp.?) facial cleansing bar is another one that I find to make a passable lather for shaving in a real pinch. It has tallow in it and has more slip and slide to it than a water park.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

I don't find them overpowering at all. What I like is that the scents tend to dissipate so quickly; they freshen the shave, but do not interfere with anything else I might wear. As for pump wax (petrolatum), that's the all-time mutha' of moisturizers, AFIK. It's why hand models butter up with Vaseline and wear cotton gloves to bed.

I picked up a 4-pack of the Pomegranate Rose tonight from Big Lots. Each bar is a nice size @ 120g. I paid a whopping $3 total for the whole 4-pack. $0.75 per bar is sweet, especially if they are shave-able.

Well I tried the Winter Spice and it was nice. Smelled like Cinnamon but wasn't too strong when I used it. Overall I liked it.

Top Bottom