What's new

DOVO vs. Parker: Shavettes

Alright guys, im completely new to Straight razors... been wet shaving with great results for about a month with my DE's, but i am looking to advance to SR's. Because of obvious start up $, i'm looking into shavettes to start working technique while i save up some "Dough".
Who can tell me which shavette is better: DOVO's Shavette, or Parkers Shavette. And with the DOVO's, of the three types (aluminum, stainless and plastic handles) which is more worth the money?
:confused1
Thank you for your wisdom,
Frantz

I've used both the Dovo and the Parker, and as far as I'm concerned the Dovo is not worth the money or the time.

The Dovo is quite expensive and the blade holder is sub par IMHO.

The Parker holds the blade very secure and gives a much better shave. I have all 3 models of the Parker straight, and like them all. I only use disposable blade straights, and the Parker's are very nice to use.

May want to check out whippeddog.com. You can get about all you need for a traditional straight for ~50 bucks.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
When I first started Dovos look nicer for some reason in pictures and videos compared to the Parker. I ended up getting the Parker,and it still seems time in my rotation among my Feathers AC and SS and traditional straights. It may not be a popular recommended choice for newbies, but I get close, comfortable, effortless shaves on half a cheap DE blade.

Top Bottom