What's new

Wanna get this right

Used the lab one more time yesterday. Not really sure why. Was raw, but no blood. My face burned all day. I know part was pressure, but that's the only way I could cut anything XTG or ATG. Never should have shaved with it again, but live and learn. Close shave though.

Bic something 3-blade (maybe Flex 3 or something?) with Palmolive. I can fly along with the thing, but it pulls quite a lot - just about to making my eyes water. It also doesn't get very close without a lot of buffing, but I can't cut myself without really trying and did get a pretty darn good shave with no irritation. DFS on two passes with a lot of buffing. Tomorrow if I have some extra time I'll be trying out a new blade in my DE89.

I'm sad my 4711 sample only has one more use. Watching for it to go on sale. I have lots of others with menthol, but hasn't been warm enough to want menthol lately.

Busy around here, so a brief update. I went almost a full week without shaving while moving into and repairing the new house. Now that I've returned to NJ, shaving was again a must. So, I dug around in my bag to find I left my brush and DEs at the new house some 800 miles away. Plus all my BIC Metals are there. I had a very thick beard and one old 3-blade disposable (BIC flex3 or something like that). So, I just shaved my neck until I could get to the store later to get some more disposables. I was afraid the thing would be too dull to shave entirely - turns out I could have shaved my whole face. That little razor can fly without any fear of nicks or cuts, but it can't get very close. SAS with no irritation and less than half the time of my EJ DE89, though.

So, I picked up some CVS branded 2-blade pivot head things. I made the mistake of thinking they'd be as fast and mild as the other and had a few nicks with some irritation. I shaved the next day a little more carefully and got a quick SAS, but still with two nicks. These things are cheap, but sharp enough. I'll give them a go until the pack runs out, but they certainly aren't well made, as the plastic handle just sort of flexes around.

I am impressed at how little any razor clogs with real cream or soap compared to the canned junk. Since I can't face lather with my pure brushes, I'm stuck with using creams or soaps for now. I was very happy with the Musgo Real sampler I finished, but my Palmolive sticks are calling my name. Once I have a job at the new place I'll probably pick up a boar to rotate with my FS.

Top Bottom