What's new

KMF- Customer Service

Like some of members here on B&B, I am one of those consumers that tries to avoid ingredients like Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) as well as parabens in my shave soap and cream. (I am looking at you Proraso. I love you, but come on!) I know it's debatable regarding these chemicals and preservatives- but cancer tapping on my mother's door earlier in 2011, as well as becoming a new parent this past August- I decided to become more conscious of the items I buy for myself and my family.

I recently purchased at a local retail outlet, a tube of KMF's Key Lime Moisture shave. I was drawn to the fact that a lot of their ingredients are natural. After the purchase, I got home and noticed at the end of the list of ingredients "Methylparebens" and "Propylparabens". A tad disappointed, I let the tube sit in my shave den. I could have returned it, but I am weird like that. For some reason or another, I decided to send KMF an email- which stated my disappointment in their list of ingredients. (I did however give a kudos that there wasn't any SLS listed.)

I simply asked them if they would ever mind emailing me, if they decided to take these ingredients out of their recipe. No more, no less.

This afternoon I received a prompt reply from "Lori" at KMF. The long and short of it was that she 1.) Thanked me for "reaching out to KMF to let them know of my concern. 2.) She identified that I must of gotten my hands on an older formula, since the ingredients I mentioned were dropped in early 2010. 3.) She asked me to simply discontinue using the tube that I had, and she would gladly send me a new one.

That to me was going above and beyond. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, but I just thought it was a class act on behalf of the rep at KMF.

Thanks for letting us know about KMF's service, dieselfuel79. I like to know about things like this.
I placed orders with three different vendors about three weeks ago, and I hope to add my own account about their customer service soon. However, a couple of those transactions are not yet complete, which gives you a clue about how well the vendors have NOT performed.

I have several of their products and love them. Very user friendly. I made a mistake when making a purchase and didn't catch it until after the sale. Once I caught it and contacted them they made it pretty darn simple to get it corrected. They cancelled my original order, made the changes and then shipped them out faster than I think I would have got my original order. Very satisfied customer here and will do business with them again down the road!!

Good on them...and i think i know where you purchased that from :001_wub: as i believe i told you where it was locally, but had no idea it was the OLD stock.

i just checked my new tube of Mint and my 2 older bottles of keylime and Grapefruit, no parabens listed on the Grapefruit, but they are listed on the Key Lime (this one was PIF'd to me)....the new bottles on the back list the key features and state "no parabens" and nothing listed on the tube either...the tube and grapefruit were both purchased from well.ca and appear to be NEW stock, so they are fine.

glad you got it sorted out and they came thru for you.

Last edited:
Just updating. KMF arrived in the mail today. I was expecting a little tiny sample. They sent me the same sized tube that I had before. Very pleased with KMF.

Top Bottom