What's new

Shave Journal

I have returned to using a DE, shave soap and brush after years of using electric shavers. My tools right now are a 1959 Gillette FatBoy adjustable and a new Edwin Jaeger 89L. I have started with a couple of soaps such as Col. Conk Lime, Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood and Classic Shaving Lavendar and their sandalwood. Add in a sampler of soaps and blades from several sources and I am off and running.

My thought is to keep track of my methods, products used, results and impressions in the form of a daily journal. Anyone else doing this? I also collect and use fountain pens and ink (new and vintage) and want to combine both hobbys into this journal. Suggestions are most welcome.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
A few keep a journal to report the shaves and follow the progression. If you have any queries on the way, they can be answered right in there

I was overwhelmed this year with brushes, soaps and creams so I began a spreadsheet to track usage and comments. It gave me a push to use items that were being overlooked and helped weed out a lot I didn't like. My inventory is more manageable since starting it and seeing at a glance how much I still have keeps my AD's in check.

blades seem to be the biggest hit or miss variable for me. then the razor. i used to keep track of the blades and how many shaves per blade and if it felt good to my skin. other than that..nah. if i come across a product i dont like its usually so bad it stays in my noggin so i dont have to write it down lol

Top Bottom