What's new

Leather work jacket

I'm wanting to find a heavy duty leather jacket in the style similar to the "Indiana Jones" jacket. Does anyone know of a reputable online dealer? I'm not planning on spending more than $250. I need a thick jacket that can take some abuse. I don't care for the biker look, I prefer a plain brown with plenty of pockets and not a lot of bling. The heavy leather that the biker jackets use is what I'm after. This jacket will get beat up, stained, scratched and on occasion be subject to open flames. Most of what I'm finding in the style I'm looking for is thin supple leather that wouldn't last a month, if that, for my work. I'm basically looking for a leather version of a Carhart. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not going to meet all of your needs for $250.

My Fox Creek biker jacket was just under $400, they're getting over $400 for them now.
They do have a "bomber" style jacket, but again, it's over $400.
This is 1.4-1.6mm leather. Anything less and you're getting into "fashion leather"... even the "biker" jackets available at the mall for $200, I would not trust to protect my hide (and yes, I'm a hypocrite, I dress for the weather and not for the "slide", including no helmet when riding in a free state).

http://www.foxcreekleather.com

My Fox Creek biker jacket was just under $400, they're getting over $400 for them now.
This is 1.4-1.6mm leather. Anything less and you're getting into "fashion leather"... even the "biker" jackets available at the mall for $200, I would not trust to protect my hide (and yes, I'm a hypocrite, I dress for the weather and not for the "slide", including no helmet when riding in a free state).

Thanks for the link, I actually like that "leather Jean jacket". What I plan to spend and what I wind up spending are never the same:001_smile. That one's on sale, wonder how that would look on a fat boy(meaning me, not the bike).

That's a good price.
Seriously... when my Classic showed up, I lifted the box and thought they had made a mistake and sent a pair of chaps with it. It was THAT heavy. It has to be 5 pounds, if not more.

proxy.php

An actual military issue bomber jacket would do well.

"enough' pockets, they hold up well to various temperatures, not sure how well against open flame though.

I have 2 military issue A-2 Leather Jackets. I honestly don't think that is what he is looking for in a "work" jacket. The leather is thin and I don't think it would stand up to the type of abuse he is talking about.

Another vote for Fox Creek Leather. I have been very impressed with mine. Well worth the asking price, excellent quality.

Google "leather welding jacket". Typically not the prettiest type jackets, but should be tough enough for your needs.

+1 for Gibson and Barnes. I bought my Civil A-2 in Goatskin from them in 2002 and it has been my daily wear jacket and looks brand new with minimal care. The stitching is FANTASTIC, the piling on the cuffs and waist is still tight with NO stretching. The best thing is their customer support. They really will go out of their way for you. In 2006 my jacket's zipper got bent and wouldn't zip up, since they have a lifetime warranty I called them and in the process of getting the info to send it to them, they found out I was in DFW and stated they would be there in 2 weeks for a global helicopter convention, and if I preferred, I could just bring it to them and they would fix it "while I wait". I showed up, they popped the zipper off and put a new one on in about 10 minutes, saving me the time and money of shipping. I honestly can't say enough good things about them. The Raider and Expedition look like great jackets and, honestly, the Hudson Police Jacket is on my ultimate wish list.

Top Bottom