What's new

Review of an "Amber" boutique soap manufactured by Wild Thyme Herb Farm

I went to a pretty cool craft fair the other day that had a variety of stuff made by local artisans. At first I thought "This sucks - why did I come here? I hate my life" but then I found a bunch of vendors that were selling soaps! All of the vendors were the women who actually made the soaps and they were a bit puzzled (perhaps even a little suspicious) when I was asking for ingredient lists, etc (they must be unfamiliar with men who like to be clean and smell good).

Most of the vendors had run-of-the-mill soap that is made with the same bare, uninteresting, minimal ingredients and I was beginning to get discouraged. Then I came upon a woman who runs a very small soap operation called the Wild Thyme Herb Farm. She does not have a website, nor business cards, and sells small shipments to stores. However, I could send her number (it's on the underside of the paper soap wrapping) if anyone is interested in contacting her for a few soaps - just be sure to say Matt from Lawrence, Kansas sent you :001_smile However, as you may have figured out by now, she seems to be more interested in making soap than making progressive business decisions, so she may be unwilling to mail you soap. If this is the case, then I could probably do it plus postage and small tip - just message me on here.

This woman makes soap with shea butter, coconut oil, and avocado oil (and I was promised that it lathered well) so I bought a bar called "Amber". It only cost $5.00 and it is pretty big for a boutiquey soap - the approximate dimensions are 1.125" x 1.875" x 3" (and that is after one shower and one shave). What attracted me to it is that the main smell/ingredient is "amber resin". It has a wonderful smell that isn't heavy, perfumey, fruity, or feminine. It has a nice strong, distinct, neutral smell that could be enjoyed by either sex.

I showered with it last night and I still feel clean - I also still smell good. I shaved with it, as well and was definitely able to get a good lather and a decent shave. The only downside is that the soap does not contain glycerine; however, it isn't specifically a shaving soap so I can't really complain. Overall, I think that was definitely $5.00 well spent :001_smile

Here is a pic. Unfortunately, its deep brown color, which is saturated with dark red overtones, aren't done justice by my camera.

proxy.php

Top Bottom