Thread: Suspender buttons

Default Suspender buttons

I have a problem. I don't have a waist and unless I cinch my belt up tight, my pants fall down. So I am now wearing suspenders. I have chosen button suspenders because clip on suspenders tear up upholstery (especially discouraging on expensive leather and car upholstery). The trouble is finding either sew-on buttons (shipping is outrageous) or the hammer-on type are all from China (which I'm trying to avoid). I would like the hammer-on type if I can find a USA manufacturer. Anyone have suggestions?

Boondocks of Ohio, somewhere East of Pittsburgh
    Images

Wal Mart and chains like JoAnne Fabric sell buttons. You shouldn't have to pay for shipping and handling.
    "There are some who call me.... JB"

I bought a bag of 100 BDU buttons on amazon.com and they work well. The price was around $6 plus a few for shipping.

Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right 46304

Quote Originally Posted by BrianTN View Post
    I bought a bag of 100 BDU buttons on amazon.com and they work well. The price was around $6 plus a few for shipping.
    This is the route that I would go.
    I'm Bruce Wayne. Not Batman. We are two separate people.

See here http://www.hanksclothing.com/ for some nail-on kind. Type "buttons" in the search window at the top of the page. This is what I use for my jeans; I face them with the button on the outside of the waist for comfort's sake. Am sure that any sewing store would have good buttons to use on the inside of the waist of your non-jean pants.
    John

Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right 46304

Quote Originally Posted by john parker View Post
    See here http://www.hanksclothing.com/ for some nail-on kind. Type "buttons" in the search window at the top of the page. This is what I use for my jeans; I face them with the button on the outside of the waist for comfort's sake. Am sure that any sewing store would have good buttons to use on the inside of the waist of your non-jean pants.
    http://www.hanksclothing.com/suspender_buttons_buy.html
    I'm Bruce Wayne. Not Batman. We are two separate people.

go into a farm and garden shop and ask them if they have any hickory replacement buttons. Or any other supplier that sells hickory shirts.

I only use them on suit pants, but I have my tailor put them in when he hems the pants.

If I had existing ones I would either buy some regular buttons as other have suggested or wait and have my tailor handle it when I saw him next.