What's new

Home Made, Cheap ASB

I keep a few ounces of Thayers WH in a small 3 oz. plastic bottle in my travel kit. On a recent trip I discovered that the bottle cap unfastened and the result was 3 oz. of WH escaped! Fortunately, it was the Rose Petal so the smell was OK. I ended up going to a grocery store and I bought some generic WH, which according to the bottle, compares to Dickinson :w00t:. I brought it back to the house we were renting and then discovered I did not pack my ASB.

So I thought I would mix this fowl smelling WH with some Pantene hair conditioner that my wife brought along. I put in about 2 oz of WH in my plastic bottle, added at most one teaspoon of hair conditioner, and shook it up. Much to my surprise the result was very good. It did not have the smell of the WH - fortunately the hair conditioner toned it down a lot - but it was extremely soothing. My skin felt very smooth and somewhat slick. Plus, it was very cheap.

The next time I mix up my own pre-shave oil, I will add a little conditioner and see how that works.

The best home-made cheap aftershave I can think of is:

50% Witch Hazel (Dickinson)
50% Bay Rum (Superior 70)

Thanks,
Mike

Glad it worked for you. It's in times of need that some of the best inventions happen, or they are just accidents which are stumbled upon.

Nice. I just might try that for the heck of it. I use a conditioner from Nature's Gate for 20 years now. Get it from the health food store. Love the fragrance. All good oils and skin food type stuff.

Top Bottom