What's new

Knotzilla!

I was a given a wonderful brush that unfortunately started shedding. I loved the knot too so I may buy another like it but I have been wanting a large 2Band for a while so after some careful measuring I realized I could shoehorn a TGN Finest 30mm in the handle so I set to work and now Knotzilla is born. She is larger than my Chubby2 and should be a real soap buster!

Attachments

• $SS851590.jpg
    $SS851590.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 185
  • $SS851589.jpg
    $SS851589.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 185
  • $SS851593.jpg
    $SS851593.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 185
  • $SS851594.jpg
    $SS851594.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 186
You might be surprised. I find my 2-bands bloom much less than other badger knots.

That brush is kinda like a hot-rod ~ jam the biggest engine/knot you can into the thing and let her rip. :thumbup1:

Your right. I stuffed a big block in the grocery getter! :lol:Yeah I have noticed the same about smaller blooms with 2 bands. My Chubby2 blooms out much more than showing if I just flick and let it dry. Last use I gave it a squeeze after so its looking fit and trim. The 2 band I just flicked and let dry after some hand lathers. It has some funk I want out before using. I scrubbed it pretty good though so it should be in bloom.

Attachments

• $SS851595.jpg
    $SS851595.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 130

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Hmmm, its been awhile since my last reknotting...they have em in 30mm now eh? Way to stoke the ADs lol. Nice restoration BTW!

They have them from 18mm-30mm I believe in 2mm jumps. Thank you for the kind words my friend,Scott Honestly I think when you go over 24 the grainyness of the hairs becomes more prominent. That does not mean scratchy though. Coarse would be another good word but prickly would not. : )

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Ah, "back in the day" (8 months ago :) ) they only had 24s. I have a rubberset aluminum handle waiting for a nice big knot so this may be the one. Thanks for the heads up on the face-feel Ill keep it in mind.

Very nicely done, Scott!:thumbup: 30mm TGN Finest is by far my favorite TGN knot!

proxy.php

Here compared with an STA 30 which has now changed residences a couple times:lol:

Ken

Top Bottom