What's new

Rooney 1xl

I had one for a couple of mos. but found it way too small for my tastes. The 2XL or 3XL are the better way to go,unless you really like VERY small brushes !

Craig

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have all three of them. I like it a great deal, but if i had to chose I would pick up the 2XL.

I love mine. Sometimes I'll have to hit the soap twice, but it's no big deal. Although I favor large brushes, I don't consider this a small one. The knot size is in the medium range.

I have the 3XL as well, and hope to have the 2XL at some point.

And FYI the only place to buy the heritage XL is vintagebladesllc.com and they are sold out of 3XL's and as of this morning only had one 2XL left. They are at the mercy of Rooney to decide if they will extend the line or not. So we never know if this is the last batch or not.

I have the 1XL. It has a great face feel (gel like) but is also kind of a lather hog. I would not go bigger given it is a fan and thus feels already quite big on the face. It has a very short loft and is very dense. A Stubby 2 maybe a good alternative if you do not like such a short loft. The medium Stubby has almost the same knot, is a bit less dense and has a longer loft.
Can 1xl owners give me your thoughts about the brush?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
The 1XL is my favorite of our Rooneys. It has great backbone and the softest tips of any of my brushes. It is wonderfully dense and yet not a lather hog. I also really like the overall shape of the knot. I'm not a fan of the excessive bulb shape the is fairly common in two banded knots. If you like some scrinch in your brush this might not be the brush for you. On the other hand if you want a brush that feels like a pure indulgence every time you use it, this could be the brush you are looking for.

View attachment $Rooney XLs.jpg

My Rooney Family
$Rooneys (2).jpg

The 1XL is my favorite of our Rooneys. It has great backbone and the softest tips of any of my brushes. It is wonderfully dense and yet not a lather hog. I also really like the overall shape of the knot. I'm not a fan of the excessive bulb shape the is fairly common in two banded knots. If you like some scrinch in your brush this might not be the brush for you. On the other hand if you want a brush that feels like a pure indulgence every time you use it, this could be the brush you are looking for.

View attachment 202163

My Rooney Family
View attachment 202164

What's the one on the right?

Intrigued

What's the one on the right?

The one on the right in the first picture is a 2XL. The tips on 1XL are just a little tiny bit softer on the 1XL so he wins. :biggrin1:
In the second picture starting from the top is a 1/1 Finest, 1/2 Finest, small Leopard, large Leopard, 1XL, & 2XL.

Hey Intrigued ...

Are those photos of your 1XL and 2XL taken before they have fully bloomed - those brushes look brand new ...

Cheers

View attachment 202163

My Rooney Family
View attachment 202164

Intrigued

Hey Intrigued ...

Are those photos of your 1XL and 2XL taken before they have fully bloomed - those brushes look brand new ...

Cheers

No, they have been used many times.
I try not to mash my brushes around. I always pull the knot through my circled thumb and fore finger after I have used a brush and dried it gently on a towel......... and then fluffed it........ :blushing:

This is reading like The Diary of a OCD Brush Fluffer. :lol:

Top Bottom