What's new

bestshave.net How are they?

Kind of doing some Christmas shopping, Pawpaw Kenneth (75 yrs old, still uses a brush) is getting some Irisch Moos.

Looking to do a mass order, try some new soaps (loving the sticks lately) specifically Arko (which is harder to locate) and came across bestshave.net.

They have Sharks at a really GOOD price, $0.06 a blade. $50 ships free.

Looking for the catch.

Anyone has any experience with them? (If the mods don't want this discussed openly, PM me)

They only "catch" is the possible longer wait as it ships from Turkey and must go through customs. Otherwise, they are good to go.

They are discussed often. I think the general opinion is that they are good, but be prepared to wait a long time for your goods to arrive, for some reason shipping is really slow from Turkey.

First of all, Pawpaw Kenneth sounds like a great guy!

I've had three transactions with Best Shave and they've all been exemplary. Like previous posters have said, you will have to wait some time to receive your purchase as it's shipped overseas, goes through U.S. customs and then is shipped to your home. On average it's been 2-3 weeks from Turkey to Boston.

I too am concerned about giving credit card info, so generally use Paypal which provides an additional layer between the merchant and my bank account or credit card.

Only one purchase of Perma-sharp blades. Smooth transaction. I think it was more than 2 weeks for delivery. They have Astra's at $8 for 100.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My package from BestShave arrived in Canada faster than most of the things I order from the States. No issues with service and his prices are great.

I've burchased from them a number of times and am completely satisified. Their service is excellent, the only reason for the wait is getting the package thru U.S. Customs, no fault on their part. Shipping is fast on their end. As far a giving out CC info, I use a prepaid debit card, doesn't cost me anything and no worry about giving out info. Their pricing is super and shipping charges are more than reasonable.

With that said I've also used other suppliers here in the States and have had no problems here either. All in all the wet shaving suppliers all seem to be good folks.

I've had nothing but good experiences ordering from them. Plan on 3 weeks to get your stuff.

I always assumed it was U.S. Customs causing most of the delay.

I was expecting it to take a long time but I got my blades in 2 weeks and 1 day, to Washington, DC. No problems at all. But don't expect the tracking numbers to work, not even the USPS ones.

Slow Turkish Post is the only real blemish in otherwise excellent service!

I got a message about a year ago and they apologized for the Turkish post having unusual shipping requirements and schedules. That was the slowest ship from them. The last was much quicker. They have always given me excellent service.

I'll get a prepaid card to order.

All I want from their site is Shark blades and a stick of Arko to try and one to PIF (or maybe just one and I'll cut it in half).

They have a 300 blade pack for $23 free shipping, which is about my speed. I wonder if they will ship some Arko in the same package. Otherwise I have to order $50 to get free shipping, and I don't really want 10 years worth of blades hanging around.

Decisions, decisions...

11 days turnaround from Turkey... counting weekends and US Thanksgiving Day.. :w00t:

(Yeah, I really didn't need 300 more Astra SPs, but the price was too good to pass up. 1,000+ blades aren't too many are they?)

I've ordered once from them, and the order was fine - it took a couple of weeks to reach the UK from Turkey, but the prices at Bestshave.net are hard to beat, even with shipping.

As for payment, they take PayPal, so there's no need to give them any credit card details.

Top Bottom