What is your FAVORITE brush??

What is your FAVORITE brush???

• Pure Badger Brush

• Best Badger Brush

• Super Badger Brush

• Finest Badger Brush

• Silvertip Badger Brush

• Mixed Badger Brush

• Clipped Boar Bristle Brush (example: Burma Shave)

• Unclipped Boar Bristle Brush (example: Semoque)

• Horse Hair Brush

• Synthetic and Natural Blend Brush

• Coarse Synthetic Nylon Brush

• Fine Synthetic Nylon Brush (extra soft)

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is your FAVORITE all around brush. If you were to be marooned on an island and the captain of the boat said you may ONLY take one brush, what would it be? :straight:

Today, I used my Chubby 2 in best, so that was my favorite. Tomorrow I will likely use my Shavemac silver tip, so that will be my favorite. The next day 2 band finest. Hard to pin down a favorite, but overall, I use either the CH or EJ in best the most.

Jeff

Vote on this pole instead guys, I messed up on the other.

Same # of poll choices on both...:001_unsur

I had a had choice since I own 3 types of Badger (Black, Finest & Silver-Tip) Three Horse ( one Banded, two Natural Brown), two Boars and two Badger/Horse. After careful consideration and being limited to a single brush it would be a mixed Badger/Horse, almost as soft as my Finest & Silver-Tip but with a bit more exfoliating capability that I prefer.

Last edited:
I voted Finest. Specifically this one:

proxy.php

But let's talk about this island for a second. Is it a Tropical Island? Is there ample (decent) food? Nice beaches? Do I have sufficient tools and materials to build shelter? Is it beautiful beyond words? Can I bring my wife with me?

If all these conditions can be met, I'll stand by my answer.

If not, I think I'll throw the Captain overboard and go find one more to my liking:lol:

Ken

I voted Finest, but the problem with a poll like this (not criticizing the intent of the poll) is that every brush manufacturer has different grades of hair.

A TGN Finest, Shavemac Finest, and Rooney Finest are about as different as three things with the same name can be. Same goes for Rooney Best, Simpson Best, TGN Best. Even the differences in Silvertips are vast, density, performance at specific lofts, etc.

It's just tough to narrow down by only one variable.

So far for me, it is my Merkur Vision silvertip. The knot is very soft on my face, it lathers well, and I like its long narrow handle. My fingers do not hit the bowl or mug when making lather and the lather stays off my fingers. My brush need not be able to stand up on the handle because I have the Merkur razor & brush stand which permits the brush to hang knot down, even when full of lather.

Rooney Heritage Stubby3,followed very closely by the Rooney Stubby/Chubby3(old stock was their description) that I recently bought from Classic Shaving. The latter one is rapidly becoming my fav. Very dense,great backbone and soooooo.. soft tips !

Craig

I know I missed a couple things guys, but the poll only allows 12 choices and I'm not going to label every brush. I tried to cover everything, but hey I'm getting better at this. lol

Looks like Best Badger and Silvertip are neck and neck with each other with the average fav's, keep voting guys. :)

Top Bottom