What's new

Could I sell tins of pipe tobacco in the For Sale Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I tend to purchase lots of pipe tobacco, to try, and I am not a heavy smoker. Would it be unproper of me to try and sell tins of just opened tobacco in the Forum, or is this improper? Thanks guys. I just bought several tins from Dan tobacco and I like some, but not others. In case this hasn't been posted:

www.tobaccoreviews.com

This is a great site, if trying to chose pipe tobaccos. Thanks again.

I don't see a problem with it. If there is a discussion, I'll let the other mods know I gave an initial "OKAY."

I'm not a mod, so forgive me for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but... My guess is, the mods probably have no problem at all with you selling tobacco in the forum, since I see the forum used to sell all sorts of items, not just shaving equipment... (i.e. fountain pens, etc...)

I think if anything where they may have a hangup is the fact that it's a regulated substance... That whole ATF thing... ;) They probably wouldn't be too happy with you selling alchohol or firearms on there either... ;) I'm not sure what sort of laws govern the private sale of tobacco, but they may not wanna get wrapped up into the middle of it...

My point is, if they do say no, I wouldn't take it as they just didn't want you selling non-shaving items, but rather that they we're concerned about that particular item...

Yeah I was concerned about that as well. Well I put it on hold for a while, and I may just give it away if it accumulates. I'm pretty sure everyone on a shaving website is 18 and everything, but at the same time, it is an issue, and I don't want to bring any heat onto the forum.

Yeah I was concerned about that as well. Well I put it on hold for a while, and I may just give it away if it accumulates. I'm pretty sure everyone on a shaving website is 18 and everything, but at the same time, it is an issue, and I don't want to bring any heat onto the forum.

There's a post floating around here somewhere where they are having a "Tobacco Pass"... You could ask to get in on that... Or for that matter, start one of your own... Then with any luck by the time the box get's back around to you you'll have all brand new weed to try out! Get rid of some of the excess and help you cut costs on trying more!

I foresee a slippery slope where anything and everything gets listed for sale here. That could dilute the whole purpose of the For Sale forum. Better to have clear rules.

The B/S/T section is called "The Shaving Mall" but perhaps there should be a section for other stuff. Maybe worth suggesting in the site feedback section.

The B/S/T section is called "The Shaving Mall" but perhaps there should be a section for other stuff. Maybe worth suggesting in the site feedback section.

This was just discussed a few days ago in the Site Feedback Forum. We have not had an issue with members abusing the B/S/T Forum and this point there is no need for Other Items BST Forum. Non-shaving related items are not a common occurance there and most of them are other gentlemanly items that include hobbies that many of us share. As long on the Shaving Mall is not abused members in good standing will continue to be allowed to post other items in this area.

Personally I have posted a pipe and two watches in this forum. I could have sold all of these items on Ebay, probably for much more than I received here, but I preferred to sell these items to other members here. My watches were Vintage Omega Seamasters and the members who bought them are both upstanding men who will appreciate them and take of them. I would much rather sell something that means something to me to a friend than a stranger.

The sale of Tobacco is different, because it is a controlled substance and this is why we have put this sale on hold. While many of us enjoy tobacco, it's sale is still heavily regulated and monitored. We are currently working on a policy to handle situations of this type and our final decision will be handed down as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom