What's new

Institut Karite Shave soap sale/closeout

Great! Give me some idea of the scent you want and I'll get started when there are a couple more requests.

I can do Lavender, citrus, Cedar, a blend that has a variety of scents including a trace of sandalwood (I'll post later if there's interest)

"The key is sincerity. If you can fake that you've got it made."

_ George Burns

Danmark,

I don't mean to sound crass but you are new to our site. I am not sure I would purchase anything from you until we get to know you better. Do you have a website?

I caution our members to proceed with care when purchasing from someone you don't know or has no referrals.

Andrew

I completely understand your reticence and without wanting to appear 'crass' myself, let me say your concern is a matter of complete indifference to me because I don't make soap for profit, but for fun. Making soap is just a hobby.

You might enjoy doing some research on hand made soap to learn its advantages over the commercial product. The chief DISadvantage is the cost of the labor to make it. A bar of soap with $2.00 (don't take my word for it, look up the cost of the ingredients and do the math) worth of ingredients would prob'ly sell for $10 and up. The Institute Karite bar sells for about $15.

I'm suggesting I could make one that I could sell for $4 or less because I'm not even going to charge minimum wage for my time ( I make over $150/hr on my day job). The extra money covers my shop supplies and equipment costs and helps me not feel like an idiot for giving it away. :smile:

90% of my soap I've just given away as gifts to family and friends, but as you point out, we don't know each other so I'm not giving it to you for free. And don't get me started on the hassle of packaging and shipping.

I completely understand your reticence and without wanting to appear 'crass' myself, let me say your concern is a matter of complete indifference to me because I don't make soap for profit, but for fun. Making soap is just a hobby.

You might enjoy doing some research on hand made soap to learn its advantages over the commercial product. The chief DISadvantage is the cost of the labor to make it. A bar of soap with $2.00 (don't take my word for it, look up the cost of the ingredients and do the math) worth of ingredients would prob'ly sell for $10 and up. The Institute Karite bar sells for about $15.

I'm suggesting I could make one that I could sell for $4 or less because I'm not even going to charge minimum wage for my time ( I make over $150/hr on my day job). The extra money covers my shop supplies and equipment costs and helps me not feel like an idiot for giving it away. :smile:

90% of my soap I've just given away as gifts to family and friends, but as you point out, we don't know each other so I'm not giving it to you for free. And don't get me started on the hassle of packaging and shipping.

Dan
I think you are preaching to the choir here, this board is chock a block with soap makers and soap aficionados. I suggest that you read some posts on the B&B read some reviews about soaps and the gents who use them here. No convincing necessary.

BTW you do not have enough posts in total to sell anything in the shopping forums so please read the stickies at the top of each page.

Jim

...SNIP...

That's all? No wonder you've turned to soap-making.:biggrin: :biggrin:

That's all? No wonder you've turned to soap-making.:biggrin: :biggrin:

:001_smile ... well... it wouldn't be TOO bad..., IF I could get paid for more than a few hours a week. Maybe I should raise my rates. Then I could be unemployed at $400 an hour. Sounds better.

Actually, I'm trying to cover my embarrassment for the boorishness of talking about income at all. Bad form.:blushing: Plus breaking the rules about posting. I'm off to a great start.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom