What's new

edwin jagger razors

Hello gents.

I am interested in buying a new ej razor. Need help in selecting a model and a place where I can buy at a good deal.
Please help

The English Shaving Company is currently offering free shipping and they throw in some nice samples with every order. I've ordered all my EJ razors from them and they ship quickly. Another tip I would give is to check the conversion rate. If you pay in GBP the plain DE89 is about $29 shipped, if you pay in USD for the same razor the price is $31.53 shipped.

Definitely take advantage of TESCs free shipping.
Their razors are top quality and are finished impeccably.

The Barley is a beautiful razor. I opened it up, and for a minute I didn't even want to shave with it. Just for a minute and then I came to my senses lol.

Dooliano1969 said:
hows the knurling on the barley? superficial or deep?

I think the Barley Chrome is the most beautiful handle of all the EJ DE89's, and I fully intended to buy it two weeks ago at The Great Shave Event in Chicago where every one of the Edwin Jagger razors was there on display for everyone to pick up and hold, and where the 250+ of us in attendance all had the chance to meet and talk with Neil Jagger, the owner and founder of Edwin Jagger. It was a great opportunity to see the entire line of Edwin Jagger shaving products on display in one place at the same time. I held each razor up to my face in turn to see how each handle felt in the hand, and in spite of the Barley Chrome's phenomenal looks and my going there with full intent to buy it, I ended up purchasing the exquisite octagonal handled DE89 instead. For me, and this is purely a personal opinion, the octagon handle had the most "sure" grip with far less chance of slippage. The knurling on the Barley Chrome was beautiful, but certainly didn't seem very deep. The octagonal handled DE89, by the way, tips the scale at 80 grams (just one gram heavier than a Fat Boy, for those interested in a comparison of nearly equally weighted razors). Nonetheless, in terms of looks, I still think the Barley Chrome handle is the most beautiful of all in the EJ line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom