What's new

camping

anyone know of a good spot to go camping on the delaware river, jersey or pa side? ive been trying to search for one but im not getting any hits. i dont want to go to a family style camground, rather looking for a desolate piece of land on the river where me and my friends can go and relax for a couple of days and not have to woory about getting into trouble for having a beer, or dealing with family grounds. any help will do, thanks!!!

If you don't mind a drive, go to Green Ridge State Forest. There is one site in particular that is isolated from the family type camping. Actually, there's a few but one specifically that's on the edge of the mountain with some of the most beautiful views I've ever seen. Just below is the Potomac River with excellent fishing along the banks. I don't know if beer is a problem, but I know I've never been camping without some. It's isolated enough you could run around there nude and drunk (at the campsite) and no one would know unless they drove up. What we usually do is get all the cars together and block the entry drive to the campsite at the main road, the drive is about 200 yards long, so no one will see you from the main road.

Looks like it's either campsite's 86, 87, 99, 65 or 66. But I'm sure all would be excellent.

The Delaware from Bushkill to Milford, PA (about a 20 mi. stretch) is National Park land. It's very un-developed with only one organized-type campground. Just trek along the river and I'm sure you'll find something. The Jersey side at the same lattitude is state parks mostly and has more campgrounds, but there are still plenty of isolated spots - plus the Appalachian trail crosses the Delaware Water Gap from PA to NJ here as well. This stretch is the most primitive area along the Delaware between these states.

If you don't mind a drive, go to Green Ridge State Forest. There is one site in particular that is isolated from the family type camping. Actually, there's a few but one specifically that's on the edge of the mountain with some of the most beautiful views I've ever seen. Just below is the Potomac River with excellent fishing along the banks. I don't know if beer is a problem, but I know I've never been camping without some. It's isolated enough you could run around there nude and drunk (at the campsite) and no one would know unless they drove up. What we usually do is get all the cars together and block the entry drive to the campsite at the main road, the drive is about 200 yards long, so no one will see you from the main road.

Looks like it's either campsite's 86, 87, 99, 65 or 66. But I'm sure all would be excellent.

are we related somehow?

Top Bottom