What's new

Pictures of different Straight Points?

Does anybody have a set of pictures displaying the different points available on straight razors? I know a couple of the common varieties but I see lists containing others that I haven't seen.
Namely: a Spanish vs a French point vs an Oblique (I know this one but I bet there are others out there who would appreciate an example)
Thanks!

4 pictures of razors with Spanish Points....
full

full

full

full

"Ooblong" point of whatever Maestro calls 'em...

full

full

proxy.php

Rounded Tip....

full

full

full

Spike...

full

Barbers Notch....
full

full

And lastly - a very lovely razor of mine, in French Point....

full

full

full

full

I hope this helped! Please feel free to ask more questions!

We love straight razors! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!! I did not know there were that many. I am sure that there are some missing as well.
Is there one with a bottle opener?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Wow!!! I did not know there were that many. I am sure that there are some missing as well.
Is there one with a bottle opener?? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Not that I know of, but PM Robert Williams, and maybe he can make you a custom one! :blink: :eek: :biggrin:

Thanks for the pics Joel. One question, what are some of the advantages of using 'barber's notch' razor? Thanks.

With the notch, it allows you to get in/around the ear, as well as nostril (not that I would do that - but barbers would back in the day) however it can be useful when doing detailed work around your nose (moustache area) or ear (trimming around sideburns) but by and large (in my opinion) is mainly for looks.

Well done!

Thanks a lot!

I find the french point a bit unforgiving on my lobes and was thinking my eventual $$$custom would be a spanish but I am now leaning towards this- new to me- notch point.

Sweet.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
:biggrin: Guilty as charged....

full

Don't let the line of dust on the top of the blade take your attention off of that "barbers notch" :wink:

Mastro Levi

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that's one razor I regret selling. :frown:

Razors are like guns.... you regret selling all/any.

I do have about 4-5 razors though I do need to get rid of (I haven't even honed the dang things yet) and sell - but even those, I hate to part with :biggrin:

Top Bottom