What's new

What are you brewing?

I'm finally brewing again since we moved! Its been about a year. I brewed up an ESB over the weekend. A tried and true recipe that I know will always make good beer. I was worried about my process since its been a while since I brewed. But I hit all of my numbers dead on, even pre boil volume and gravity. The S-04 kicked off fermenting in about 3 hours thanks to the starter. Its bubbling away happily in my keezer in the mid 60s.

I'm catching up, brewed a Boston lager clone on 3/25. Primary is done and have had Dry hops in since 4/2. I might keg it this weekend and start lagering.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
A couple of weeks ago, a couple buddies and I brewed up a triple batch of a sweet stout that we put into a Woodford Reserve barrel that's had a number of other beers through it. A few beers ago, we soured the barrel, and it's seen a Lambic and a Flanders Red (maybe also a Berliner Weisse, but I don't know). We also did the Flanders, and it's sitting happily in a Corny keg.

Here's the last report from the barrel. Happy bugs in there! We'll probably add some pedio, as well.

$Happy Bugs.jpg

Tonight am getting everything ready. Tomorrow morning a batch of Dusseldorf Alt Bier gets brewed; my all time fav! Happy Memorial Day Weekend all!

Just brewed a pale ale yesterday; going for a hoppier one. Yeast are doing their thing in a big way, at the moment. Go yeast, go!

$beer.jpg

Brewed a Sierra Nevada clone a couple of days ago. It is happily bubbling away. This is a new recipe for me that should be great for late summer drinking.

Not a brewing post (will do one late) but had to share what my wife and daughter found while yard saling the other day. A five gallon carboy, siphon tool, a wort filter to keep the end off the wort, bottles, thermometer and hygrometer and a new capper! All for $10.00! She got mad when I asked her if she even tried to offer $6.00...lol
proxy.php
proxy.php

bringing the brewing equipment out of retirement to brew an oatmeal stout today (it's been nearly 2 years since I've brewed anything).

Looking forward to it!

I think I'll be brewing an extract Dusseldorf altbier today. I've been planning on making a ten gallon batch of American nut brown, since it's that time of the year for me. I've got to finish some kegs and empty my large fermenter though.

Let us know how the stout turns out, jmwebster.

It's one of my favorites as well. It's bubbling away nicely right now. I like to use the single piece air locks just for the bubbling sound. Music to my ears.

I made a funny one that I'm sipping on now. I used cider and honey as fermentables, ginger, hibiscus, and whole hops(I believe they are centennial). It's fruity and warming with some ginger bite. I have a gruit fermenting in the closet also.

I made a funny one that I'm sipping on now. I used cider and honey as fermentables, ginger, hibiscus, and whole hops(I believe they are centennial). It's fruity and warming with some ginger bite. I have a gruit fermenting in the closet also.

Very interesting.

Did up another ESB yesterday morning.

Top Bottom