What's new

What are you brewing?

Let me know how the Belma ends up. Been looking at this one, but hesitant about the flavor profile for my IPA without changing the grain bill somewhat.

Sounds delicious, though!

Finally got around to brewing a high gravity beer, an Imperial IPA. This one's quite a deviation from the simple beers that I usually brew.
Nearly 20 lbs. of grain went into this 5 gallon batch, Great Western 2-row, Crisp Marris Otter, Vienna, English Crystal malts and almost a pound of Centennial hops. I designed it around two of my all-time favorites, Boneyard Hop Venom IIPA and Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
A little over five gallons of 1.093 wort went into the fermenter and the US-05 yeast got the FG down to 1.014 in 10 days. Brewed on May 21st, I dry hopped in the primary with 5 oz. of Centennial pellets four days a go and for the past couple of days been slowly lowering the temperature to about 35 degrees. Will transfer it to a keg tomorrow and have it carbonated in about a weeks time.
Not exactly a "summer" beer, so I'll probably need to follow up with a couple batches better suited for the hot weather.

Among other things, I have 6-gallons of apple wine bubbling away.

$photo 1.JPG

Tom

Currently have an ESB in the fermenter that is heavy on the Goldings and Progress.

I'm currently deciding what to do next - I might try my hand at brewing something as close to Hitachino Nest Amber Ale as I can figure.

Cheers
Steve

I have an Alt bier lagering and a American red pale ale in the primary on day 8. Hope to crash cool the ale in a week and keg both after that. Two brews ready in time for Thanksgivings!

Just brewed up a 10 gallon batch of "freezer cleaner pils". Will be a tad dark for a German Pils and about average to above average on IBUs.

Nothing yet ... I'm actually working on plans for my Keezer and I hope to begin framing this week/weekend (possibly not however due to travel). That said, when it's done it'll have four taps so I have lots of brewing to do in the near future

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm not actually brewing anything at the moment, but some buddies of mine and I are working up a sour stout to go into a whisky barrel that needs some love.

I have a couple other things in the works, as well. It's good brewing season, over here.

I'm not actually brewing anything at the moment, but some buddies of mine and I are working up a sour stout to go into a whisky barrel that needs some love.

I have a couple other things in the works, as well. It's good brewing season, over here.

Very interesting. Is it a full size barrel? How big of a batch is it?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's a 12 gallon barrel that we've had in the club for a while. I think it currently holds its fifth or sixth beer in there, a Flanders Red that the same guys and I brewed. We also put a RIS in there.

There are three of us, so we each brew a five gallon batch, put about four gallons from each batch in the barrel, and then save the rest for topping off or back-blending (in case it goes too long in the barrel).

Haven't started brewing yet, but im just waiting for a few more parts I ordered to arrive and ill brew my first batch, a Delirium Tremens clone recipe, can't wait!
$uploadfromtaptalk1453858387083.jpg

Hey Guys,

Just checking in here with some other homebrewers. I've got a oatmeal stout and a Belgian double in my keggerator right now, which are both nice winter beers. I just finished brewing a continuously hopped double IPA which is dry hopping right now in my brand new conical fermenter. I also have one batch of mead that's stabilizing and clearing that I made from some local honey I managed to get here in Nova Scotia.

I have a Belgian dubbel & experimental Amber SMaSH IPA on tap, an Arnge IPA in primary waiting on a dry hop and I am planning on doing an Irish Red for St. Patty's Day this weekend.

Top Bottom