What's new

Just got me bloody EJ DE89BA11

And I have to say it is quite nicely done. Let's have a look, shall we?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Did I mention there were a lot of pics? Can't wait to take her on a test drive.

Steve

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my two.

Yes two, one is in my bathroom for daily use and the other is in my travel kit which is always packed and ready to go as I often have to travel for business with no notice.

Nice shots, thanks for posting. Picked up the lined version a few weeks back. Very nice razor.

Hey now, thanks for all the replies. I gave her a run this morning - Was pressed for time as usual, so I grabbed a stick of Arko and went at it. Only had time for 2 passes, but got a great shave. This razor is definitely milder than the Merkur HD. It's interesting how you can actually sense that the blade sits closer to the razor's guard on the EJ compared to the HD - At least that's the impression I get. You can sense that just from the way the razor feels on your skin.

The build quality/finish is a bit nicer than the HD. The HD is the only the 2nd DE I've used up till now (apart from 1 shave with a Weishi), but the EJ is really nice, and I could definitely be happy using either razor exclusively.

To make things a bit more interesting, I have a Feather all-stainless on order. This one is supposed to be even more mild than the EJ - I assume to compensate for the sharp Feather blade that it was obviously designed to be used with. Can't wait to give that one a try - although I sold off the Weishi because it was too mild.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Steve

Last edited:
Those fantastic pictures make me miss my DE89L which is loaned out to a friend in an attempt to convert him over to the dark side...I've recently been shaving primarily with my R41 which I have grown fond of after honing my technique a little. Let us know how the Feather works out for you in your quest for the perfect shave.

just got an 89L which I am happy with, but seeing this made me jealous. I guess you always want what you don't have. nice pictures!

Top Bottom