What's new

Any Cincinnati sports fans here?

I know it's a long shot! I have grown up watching the Reds and Bengals (be terrible). I was only 3 when the Reds won the World Series, and 1 when the Bengals lost in the Super Bowl in 1989. Since then, it's been basically complete mediocrity at the best of times. Any other people here shared in my pain?

:yesnod: Reds fan here. At least Votto has been fun to watch of late. Hope springs eternal. Besides, it could be worse -- we could be Cubs fans :biggrin:

I used to root for the Bengals. They lost me when it became clear that ownership had no desire to compete, and when the roster bacame a rap sheet. I also happened to live in Tennessee when the Titans moved to town, so I follow them (not a cakewalk, either :smile:).

Hey, brother! Big Reds fan here! Since 1969. Was actually on the field for every game in 1990 as visitor dugout field security. Reached the mountain top that year! Nothing like seeing the look on the A's faces as we beat the snot out of them! I remember their bat boys being HUGE(a little juice, maybe?) and looking urinated off when we won those first two games in Cinci.

Was Redskins fan since that is where my family is from, but now follow the Ben-gals by osmosis.

If you want or need any Cinci stuff, just lmk! Many Blessings to you out there in the Lone Star State!

:yesnod: Reds fan here. At least Votto has been fun to watch of late. Hope springs eternal. Besides, it could be worse -- we could be Cubs fans :biggrin:

I used to root for the Bengals. They lost me when it became clear that ownership had no desire to compete, and when the roster bacame a rap sheet. I also happened to live in Tennessee when the Titans moved to town, so I follow them (not a cakewalk, either :smile:).

Votto is great. I hope he doesn't bolt for greener pastures when the time comes. Mike Brown is the worst owner in all of sports. I'm honestly surprised he did the right thing, and traded Palmer for a good package.

Hey, brother! Big Reds fan here! Since 1969. Was actually on the field for every game in 1990 as visitor dugout field security. Reached the mountain top that year! Nothing like seeing the look on the A's faces as we beat the snot out of them! I remember their bat boys being HUGE(a little juice, maybe?) and looking urinated off when we won those first two games in Cinci.

Was Redskins fan since that is where my family is from, but now follow the Ben-gals by osmosis.

If you want or need any Cinci stuff, just lmk! Many Blessings to you out there in the Lone Star State!

Thank you, brother! That must have been a neat experience in '90. I'm hoping someday to just be able to watch a high stakes Cincinnati game on TV.

Luckily down here, I can get Skyline and Graeters at Kroger, since it is a Cincy-based company. I am coming up from like the 18-28th of December for Christmas, and need to pick up some more Bengals and Reds gear. I had 2 Bengals jerseys (unfortunately for me, Palmer and OchoCinco jerseys), but now they are obsolete so I need more. Thanks for the offer! I may have to take you up on it sometime. I'm hoping to take a big trip to goodwill when I come up and maybe score some inexpensive finds.

Big Reds/Bengals fan here. Exciting season so far for the Bengals. Leon Hall going down hurts though. Hopefully AJ Green is o.k.

I hope so as well. He's a big part of the offense. I'll admit I was hesitant when they used their first pick on a wide-out, but he sure has delivered.

I'm a big Reds fan. I think management has done some great things and tried to make this team great, but took some risks and now have no money for the ace we need.

OTOH, I'm a Browns fan and do not follow the Bengals

I'm a big Reds fan. I think management has done some great things and tried to make this team great, but took some risks and now have no money for the ace we need.

OTOH, I'm a Browns fan and do not follow the Bengals

Agreed. The issue IMO is certainly pitching. We can hit well (7th in runs scored, okay in BA coming in at 14th). The problem is stopping the other team from hitting, which we don't seem to have the ability to do.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
As a NY Mets, Jets, Knicks, and Rangers fan, you'll get no sympathy from me.

Is Jocketty going to make a move or what? Been following John Fay on twitter daily, waiting for an anouncement. Supposedly going after Shields hard. Still looking for a SP, LF, and SS. Kind of strange getting excited about all the young talent, but waiting to watch them all get traded for an established starter.

I live in Cincinnati and go to 8 or 10 Reds games a year. I grew up in Michigan so the Tigers are always the first team I root for though! (a guy is allowed to root for an NL and AL team, right??)

Top Bottom