What's new

What is your underarm deodorant of choice?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Dove for Men, unscented. I have had zero irratation, odor, or sweating since switching to it.

Whats a Crystal?

It's basically a solid deodorant "stick" of ammonium alum, and to use it most folks either use it underarm after a shower or if not showering just wet it under a running faucet, shake off the extra water and move it over your underarm area. A $6 stick will last you about a year from what I'm told...

I like Jack Black. As a backup, Old Spice High Endurance - Original round stick formula.

I've tried non-aluminum (TASK). Just found it to be okay and it was $18.

It's basically a solid deodorant "stick" of ammonium alum, and to use it most folks either use it underarm after a shower or if not showering just wet it under a running faucet, shake off the extra water and move it over your underarm area. A $6 stick will last you about a year from what I'm told...

I use the same Alum Block (potassium) I have for Shaving, easily rinsed and lasts long, 70 grams; http://shop.bestshave.net/alum-block-70-gr-green-pack-p-34.html
120 grams; http://www.appletonbarbersupply.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=396&bc=no

I was reading this thread yesterday and have been wanting to try one of the 'crystal' deodorants I keep hearing about. Saw they had one at a local drugstore so I bought one last night and used it this morning.

I really liked it.

I'm in an office and it's winter so I guess I have to wait until summer to test it out a little more thoroughly.

So far I am sold though. If it lasts anywhere near what you guys say I shouldn't be buying any more deodorant for a good while.....

Let me get this right: an alum block as a deodorant... the same cheap alum block I rub into my face after shaving, the same cheap and easy to get that leave my face feeling fresh and renew, the same that is so cheap that I wouldn't mind to bought one to try it out?

Last edited:
Let me get this right: an alum block as a deodorant... the same cheap alum block I rub into my face after shaving, the same cheap and easy to get that live my face feeling fresh and renew, the same that is so cheap that I wouldn't mind to bought one to tried?
Yes.
It is an antiseptic and kills the bacteria that makes your pits stink.

+1 on the Alum Block. I have been using my Osma alum block that I use for shaving. Even after working hard all day the underarms are absolutely scent free and dry. It is amazing stuff.

I also use the alum block. I have been using it for about a month now. At first I would take my shirt off at the end of the day and smell the pits of my shirt just to make sure. It really does work.

Top Bottom