What's new

What is your underarm deodorant of choice?

Crystal. For years I would use an anti-antiperspirant until I'd get a bad irritation from it. At that point, I'd find another and the process and repeat. With Crystal that has not happened at all and I get an added benefit of having one rock last over a year saving a few bucks along the way.

Avon Wild Country roll-on. It's dirt cheap, doesn't clog my pores, and is the only thing I've found that keeps me dry under there.

L'Occitane's classic "L'Occitan" deodorant. It's expensive, but works very well, smells fantastic and feels good on my skin.

Sure in the fresh scent, it's not too strong and does the job. Old Spice, Gillette, Degree, etc. seem to be very strong scented which defeats the purpose (for me at least).

Well I have started using dove whiter underarms and it really works..I like the products of dove very much..Dove deodorant is also a good choice for anyone...Go for it..

Crystal. As mentioned, one lasts for over a year and does a fine job for me here in Hotlanta.

Maybe the best thing about it is the comfort factor. No sticky, gooey, pastey, gel, or such to gum up the works or fuss with washing out in the shower.

im wearing toms of maine natural crystal roll on right now. So far im likeing it. completely new to crystal deo. If im not using it i use irish springs or old spice after hours

I use the Crystal in the cooler months, but it just doesn't cut it in the hot weather. I wish I could find a stronger equivalent. I might try the Tom's. All of the brands I have tried leave a white stain on my shirts.

For the last few days I've been using this.

proxy.php

For the last few days I've been using this.

proxy.php

Sorry for the repeated image, but at least it's small! Hey this stuff absolutely rocks! I'm a big guy, I work pretty hard, and although I've always avoided anti-perspirants, I've been using natural-type deoderant pit bars for ever. Then my wife brings home this little stick of alum crystals and I try it. Holy smokes! No staining, no goopy feeling, cheap, and crimeny after I use this in the morning I can jump in the shower at eleven at night after a particularly long day and I can't smell a damn thing. I mean my nose works fine, but if I do a pit check there's nothing! Even the best pit bars whould let something through after a long day. This alum is amazing! So here's another one: I forgot a day. Actually I got a 5:30 "we got a minor emergency" phone call and I darted out of the house. So along comes the end of the day, I'm hitting the shower because I missed the morning one, and I STILL smell fresh. It's frikken amazing. Now I believe that like all products YMMV, but I imagine I'll be using this stuff forever.
NOTE: The crystal I'm using has the ingredient "Natural minersl salts, ammonium alum". The ingredients in the RazoRock I use is "potassioum alum, water", and a styptic is even different. There is a difference in alums(I believe talked about in The Leisure Guy's book of Gourmet Shaving?).

Last edited:
I just switched to Sure Unscented. It: a) costs less than Old Spice, b) has more of the active ingredient than Old Spice, and c) is an "invisible solid" (not sure if that's true or not, though). Just a few observations, mind you.
While the Mitchum Unscented roll-on works great, it takes a long time to dry on me, and smells a bit like bleach. I still bust out with it on hot days, though.

Top Bottom