What's new

Hello from a enthusiastic newbie!

Hello, just want to say hi and I am new to this community. So much to learn! There seems to be a solid following and support. New to using DE safety razor. I stumbled upon a Gillette SS blue tip I have been using along with shave soap, and a shaving brush. It amazes me that so many people I know have no idea what they are missing! Love the whole process. Looking to upgrade now that I have tried it a bit. I feel like i want to stick with the razor, but I want a better soap and brush, any suggestions? I look forward to being part of this community!

Thanks

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Depends what you have at the moment. It might be easier to keep the same equipment for a little while to get used to this new way of shaving.

Welcome Alexander!!

If you like the Blue Tip, you may also like the Edwin Jagger DE89L, a well constructed, aesthetically pleasing razor, that also delivers a fine shave.

Soaps and brushes are very personal due to the unique preferences everyone has. What soap and brush are you using? What do you like or dislike about them? What would you like to experience in a soap and brush?

Thank you for the welcomes! I have been shaving this way for about two weeks. Initially i got a few things planing to upgrade after i tried it out so I picked up a cheaper Vander Hagen, along with Boar hair brush. I like using them, feeling like I have joined an elite group haha I don't know.. I like using a brush as I've learned it exfoliates, and shave soap has tendencies of being more lubricating. I have normal to slightly sensitive skin. I dislike how the brush loses bristles, which I deem to be my fault wasn't letting it dry correctly. Also would like a softer brush. Soap I would like something that is real nice. I have looked briefly at RazoRock XXX and Preraso. Just wanted to have the best, most enjoyable experience..

Welcome to B&B!

I would read through the reviews thread here and pick something with a scent that sounds appealing and has a good write up. I started out by buying every shaving related item from every store in my town...and ended up with a lot of stuff I only used once.

The Edwin Jagger DE89L really is a fantastic razor. It's very gentle and forgiving. I prefer something more aggressive much of the time because I initially learned on Parker TTOs.

You won't go too far wrong with razorock or proraso. If you have a store you can visit to go and smell them thats probably the best way. I wouldn't worry about the brush losing bristles. If you want to uprade that, maybe think about a badger brush.

Welcome aboard. You have definitely found the right place for information. Be sure to look at the brush reviews and don't forget to try out different blades.. Your AD will begin soon.. very soon...

Top Bottom