What's new

Which frag would you wear on a first date?

hypothetical

you're single and you have a dinner date for this coming weekend.

which frag do you choose and why?
would you go sexy? conservative? aquatic? gourmand?
name names of the frag you would choose

kinda depends on the girl, the restaurant, the time of day, what you are doing afterwards, your ages, your personality...

first date you want to be interesting but not overbearing or trying to hard. you could wear something that 99% of women like such as cool water or green irish tweed. maybe something classic like azzaro pour homme.

if i were trying to put out the sexy vibe maybe something like YSL M7 or montale black oud. gucci pour homme II for a more subdued sexy...

Last edited:
I'd probably wear whatever I liked. If the girl gets offended or put off by my frag selection on the first date, it's probably not going to work out long term... :)

In all seriousness though, I'd wear what makes me feel the most confident. Women care more about that than the frag you are rocking IMO.

name names.
im not asking for me. this is for discussion of what YOU would choose for YOU in the hypothetical that you're single, going to dinner for first date this weekend.

btw I would choose dior homme. inoffensive, awesome drydown, would not worry about being mr cologne guy but still a pleasant drydown. i love back to black (sexy) but might be too much for first date.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I was never big on fragrances... I would probably just go with an AS only. If I was to wear one, I would grab whichever bottle I have which is Brut at the moment.

name names.
im not asking for me. this is for discussion of what YOU would choose for YOU in the hypothetical that you're single, going to dinner for first date this weekend.

Fine, I'll play the game. I'd rock Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather. Not at all an entirely safe bet, but it makes me feel like a million bucks. If I were going with the safe bet, it would probably be Aventus or GIT.... but that's a little too boring and safe for me.

I was in a similar position this past weekend where I was meeting a girl at a bar (despite my telling myself not to get involved with anyone as I know I'm moving in 6-7 months.....but, that is another point....). I played it safe and wore L'Instant Extreme. Very first thing she noticed and complimented me on (actually she couldn't stop saying how good I smelled). I think Dior Homme is actually a bit more risky (even though that was probably the other one I was thinking of wearing....). Regardless, a frag is not really going to change anything as they are more interested in your personality. But, I wasn't about to rock some cambodian oud oil.....

Too many variables. I'd base a lot of it on how I perceived her tastes.

Traditional- Sartorial, Puredistance M, Baie de Genivre
Modern- L'Homme Sage, Rose 31, L'Instant de Guerlain
Sensual- X for Men, l'Ombre Fauve, Tobacco Vanille
Earthy- Gendarme, Infusion D'Homme, Original Vetiver, Dark Aoud
British- Kouros
Kinky- Tuscan Leather, Knize Ten

Too many variables. I'd base a lot of it on how I perceived her tastes.

Traditional- Sartorial, Puredistance M, Baie de Genivre
Modern- L'Homme Sage, Rose 31, L'Instant de Guerlain
Sensual- X for Men, l'Ombre Fauve, Tobacco Vanille
Earthy- Gendarme, Infusion D'Homme, Original Vetiver, Dark Aoud
British- Kouros
Kinky- Tuscan Leather, Knize Ten

British = Kouros?? Please inform!

Top Bottom