Thread: Applying EDT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Applying EDT

I've always enjoyed a nice fragrance but never ventured beyond aftershaves and the occasional bottle of Fahrenheit. I was recently PIF'd some really nice stuff with one of the bottles being Yatagan. Not sure what others think but this seems like a very nice fragrance with (to me) a nice, exotic, complex scent. Sometimes I pick up subtle florals and others a spicy, pepper scent & maybe even a burnt offering! Anyway, It is stronger than I am used to and my Wife will let me know when it's overpowering so what I have been doing is slightly wetting my palms then squirting a shot before applying. This seems to work well as I get a lot of subtle coverage. Is this sacrilege in the fragrance world?
    USMC RETIRED
    TOFLAC-U Because bowls are for porridge
    BOTOC who needs training wheels!

If it works for you, that's fine. I spray on my pulse points such as the wrist, neck, crook of my arm.
    Have a question or problem? Feel free to send me a private message.

We would love for you to make a donation, or become a Contributor to B&B here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I apply straight to my chest-- how many shots depends on the fragrance-- and then let it dry while I put on socks and trousers, then throw on a shirt on top of it.

That keeps the scent from throwing too far, but gives pretty good longevity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Absolutely apply it however works best for you. Yatagan is on the stronger side as fragrances go, so applying it lightly would not be uncommon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yatagan is a very potent scent in terms of sillage, projection, and longevity. A classic. Easily my favorite Caron, but I don't really like Caron very much (ducks for cover), so take that with a grain of salt.

In terms of how much and application style, that is as much up to you, the wearer, as what type and if you wear fragrance at all. There are no rules. Wear what and in the fashion that it works for you.
    Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

11 full squirts of Yatagan, 7 shots of Knize Ten on a hot day. Only way to roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever works for you. No such thing as sacrilege when it comes to applying frags. Except for dumping a bottle over your head!
    God loves you so much, that he made you read this, just to let you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickboone1 View Post
    11 full squirts of yatagan, 7 shots of knize ten on a hot day. Only way to roll.
    my name is leather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennard View Post
    If it works for you, that's fine. I spray on my pulse points such as the wrist, neck, crook of my arm.
    I apply to pulse points also. I got a laugh when I saw my wife's brother (20 yrs old) spray the cologne all over himself, cloths etc.
    " I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol... because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older " - Patrick Bateman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJ74 View Post
    I apply to pulse points also. I got a laugh when I saw my wife's brother (20 yrs old) spray the cologne all over himself, cloths etc.
    Just curious, but why did you get a laugh? Lots of folks say scent lasts longer on clothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

11 full squirts of Yatagan, 7 shots of Knize Ten on a hot day. Only way to roll.
    Not sure if I'd smell like a God or a rotting Yak!
    USMC RETIRED
    TOFLAC-U Because bowls are for porridge
    BOTOC who needs training wheels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually find Yatagan to be fairly mild in the longevity and projection departments, particularly after you pass the 1 hour mark. Initially it is very strong, but not as much as it would seem. I'd say give it a few spritzes to the chest and one or two on the shirt collar.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Just curious, but why did you get a laugh? Lots of folks say scent lasts longer on clothing.
    i think its more in the vein of "look at the dumb kid bathing himself in cologne, he'll drive more ladies away than he would attract by spraying a reasonable amount"
    -Ed-
    Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!
    One of The Three Stooges, but not Moe that's James
    Love B&B? Please support it!
    B&B Forum Rules | Getting Started | Tutorials | Forum Etiquette | What is a PIF?
    Acronyms | FAQ

Check Out the B&B YouTube Channel and the B&B Video Library ​for some great information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The_edski has it right. Bathing in cologne is basically what was going on.
    " I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol... because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older " - Patrick Bateman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Good advice on application here. But what I got from Yatagan was top notes of celery, middle notes of celery and base notes of celery. This is the one that represents YMMV, thanks to skin chemistry or whatever. Sure wish I could smell it as so many others describe it.
    BBS -- Not a whisker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinp View Post
    I apply straight to my chest-- how many shots depends on the fragrance-- and then let it dry while I put on socks and trousers, then throw on a shirt on top of it.

That keeps the scent from throwing too far, but gives pretty good longevity.
    This works for me also. In addition, I put a spray under my chin on my neck - two on the neck and one on the chest. Subtle but has longevity.

- Mike