What's new

FS richmond finest

just received my frank shaving brush today, a richmond in finest and im very impressed. i havent used it yet, but first impressions are good. it looks a lot better quality in real life than it does on the ebay pics and cant wait to use it.

I'm no brush expert, but I use my FS Richmond almost exclusively. No idea how it compares to the high end stuff, but I like it more than my VDH or Shea Moisture brushes. I have a smaller FS, with more of a fan shaped knot, and I do not like it nearly as much.

I've had absolutley no problems at all with my custom FS SCUBBY brush in finest. A little thing that's the dogs for face lathering with sticks.

used my richmond for the first time tonight and i really like it, love the feel of it on my face. being used to my omega boar i noticed a difference in how it lathers cream, it seems to hold a lot of water before it releases lather, and i ended up with a thinner lather than i normally like. its a learning curve though, and im going to try face lathering with soap next, see how it works with that. im considering getting a shavemac silvertip in the new year and was looking at a big knot, but after using this (24mm) i was surprised at how big it felt on my face and will probably go for a 23 or 24 when i do. overall im very impressed with my new FS brush, for £15 plus postage i think ive got a real bargain.

Top Bottom